BBC Film supports invigorating and imaginative filmmaking
BBC Film works closely with filmmakers throughout the creative process, offering rigorous opportunity to new filmmakers and a protected, collaborative space for established voices.
New and recent releases
- SupernovaReleased 25 June 2021
Sam and Tusker take a final trip to visit friends, family and places from their past.
- After LoveReleased 4 June 2021
A woman is left reeling upon discovering her late husband’s secrets.
- SurgeReleased 28 May 2021
Over two days, a man goes on a bold and reckless journey of self-liberation in London.
- The MauritanianReleased 1 April 2021
A lawyer defends a suspected terrorist imprisoned without charge at Guantanamo Bay.
- AmmoniteReleased 26 March 2021
Fossil hunter Mary Anning develops an intense relationship with a young woman, altering both of their lives forever.
- Can't Get You Out Of My HeadReleased 11 February 2021
Love, power, money, ghosts of empire, conspiracies, artificial intelligence – and You.
- Small AxeReleased 15 November - 13 December 2020
Five films each tell a story involving London’s West Indian community, whose lives have been shaped by their own force of will, despite rampant racism and discrimination.
- LootedReleased 6 November 2020
Car-jacker Rob gets in over his head when he's arrested in a car laden with drugs.
- Mogul MowgliReleased 30 October 2020
Through rap music, Qawwali and the fever dreams of an inherited illness, a British-Pakistani man questions his relationship to his own culture, faith and family.
- His HouseReleased 30 October 2020
A young refugee couple make a harrowing escape from war-torn Sudan, but struggle to adjust to their new life in a small English town.
- Body of WaterReleased 16 October 2020
Striving to manage her anorexia, Stephanie struggles to reconnect with her teenage daughter.
- MonsoonReleased 25 September 2020
A subtle exploration of a British-Vietnamese man’s search for national and cultural identity as he returns to his birth country of Vietnam for the first time in thirty years.