The creative and tech industries offer a great career in an expanding market, with Bristol as a key UK centre.
But what experience, interests, ambitions and qualifications do you need to get in, and what’s it like in the first years?
This Bristol Media session brings together experts –
- Nick Dean and his team from ADLIB
- Lis Anderson from AMBITIOUS PR
- Sue Soni from BBC Bristol
- Neil Sims from Oakwood Agency
- with some of their new employees - to provide an insight into the growth areas, people skills and employment potential across the whole range of local industry, from graphic artists to CRM campaign managers.
We’ll de-mystify the roles advertised on Bristol Media’s South West Creative Jobs website (what is a “middleweight back-end developer?”), highlight the opportunities to aim for, and what your pathway might look like.
After each insight talk, there will be the opportunity for some 1:1 advice from the team at Adlib specific to your ambitions – whether they are in PR, creative production, or creative technology - and on how to work as a freelance from ScreenSkills.
So, whether you want to work in the industry, train or advise young people on careers, or have skills you want to transfer, this session is for you!