The BBC iReporter puts you the player in the heart of the newsroom and gives you the opportunity to be a journalist working on a breaking story.
You’ll need to:
- work out what is real and accurate
- avoid pitfalls such as fake and false information
So what would a real journalist do in this situation and what things would they have to consider? This video explores:
- the measures of success - accuracy, speed and impact
- the role of an editor and other teams in the newsroom
- the importance of someone checking your material before you publish – having a second pair of eyes
- how journalists use social media to generate and collect comments and audience interaction
- the risks of using social media to find information
The game is fun and engaging and is aimed at 11 to 18-year-olds.