Welcome to the BBC Northern Ireland Commissioning website
Our relationship with programme makers is absolutely key to BBC Northern Ireland's success in delivering the programmes that our audiences want and deserve.
These commissioning pages will give you a better understanding of how our commissioning process works. Here you will find useful information, contacts and links across our business and platforms.
This site also links into the wider Network commissioning areas and you should find everything you need to work with us.
The BBC in the Nations provides an opt-out service, rather than a full channel. We make programmes specifically for local audiences, and we time-shift network programmes on BBC1 and BBC2 to do so.
That means we look for our programmes to provide very specific things for audiences within the wider BBC portfolio. These local priorities are set out in the BBCNI local commissioning part of the website.
We commission 200 hours of factual and comedy programming per annum. Competition is a significant factor so we welcome proposals that draw in other partners and funders.
- Commissioning NewsDetails of our latest commissioning updates
- BriefsInformation about our commissioning priorities
- ProcessHow the commissioning process works
- DeliveryDetails of delivering your finished programmes
- AudiencesInsights into our audiences
- Who We AreFind out about the Commissioning Team
- ContactFind out more about getting in touch with the Commissioning Team