At writersroom, the most important thing is our relationship with writers - and our ability, no matter how long it takes, to help them get their work commissioned and made.
Original shows that have through our work developing, supporting and promoting writers include:
- TV dramas: The Fades (BAFTA winning) ,
the Flesh, 32 Brinkburn
- TV comedies: The Smoking Room (BAFTA winning), Eyes Down, I’m With Stupid, The Visit
- CBBC dramas: MI High, Spirit Warriors, Wolfblood
- Radio Drama series: Pilgrim, On Mardle Fen, Have Your Cake, HighLites, Atching Tan
- Radio Comedy series: Pick Ups, Boyle’s Law, In and Out of the Kitchen, Clayton Grange
- Films Wish 143 (Oscar nominated), Turning (BAFTA nominated)
Writers have also gone to write for a huge range of existing shows and strands across the BBC, including:
- TV dramas: Eastenders, Holby City, Casualty, Doctors, Waterloo
Road, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Being Human, Silent Witness, Waking the Dead,
Spooks, New Tricks, The Street, Accused, Robin Hood, Justice, Land Girls,
Moving On, The Chase, Holby Blue, Sea of Souls, River City, Born and Bred, Down
- TV comedies: Scallywagga, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, Grown Ups, After You’ve Gone, My Hero, According to Bex
- CBBC shows: Sadie J, Scoop, The Sparticle Mysteries, The 4 O’clock Club, Stepping Up, Young Dracula, Bear Behaving Badly, The Revenge Files of Alistair Fury, My Almost Famous Family, Half Moon Investigations, Kerching!, Tracy Beaker, Livin’ It
- Cbeebies shows: Timmy Time, Big and Small, 64 Zoo Lane, Balamory, Storymakers, Space Pirates, Flip Flop
- Radio Drama strands: Afternoon Drama, Friday Play, Saturday Drama, Woman’s Hour, The Wire, The Verb, Silver Street, WestWay, The Man in Black, Twisted Tales
- Online shows: The Cut, Becoming Human
Read these scripts from the BBC TV Comedy archive.
Steve Stamp & Allan Mustafa
Read this script from the BBC TV Drama archive.
Content from Twitter. Learn more about content from Twitter.