Anti-Slavery Group - organisation dedicated to
International – campaigns for internationally recognised human rights.
- Amnesty International on the war on terrorism
- Arab Association For Human
Rights - Palestinian human rights organisation in Israel.
- Article 19 – International Centre which campaigns for free expression.
- Asian Human Rights Commission
- provides updated information related to Asian human rights.
- Association for the Prevention of Torture – independent NGO working to prevent torture.
- British Helsinki Human Rights Group – monitors human rights and democracy world-wide.
International - confederation of agencies that delivers
relief assistance to people in need and solutions
to global poverty.
- Casa Alianza– non-profit organisation dedicated to the rehabilitation of street children.
- Center for Defence Information (USA) – non-profit organisation committed to independent research.
- Child Rights Information Network (CRIN) – network of organisations that aim to improve the lives of children.
- Citizens Watch – NGO that aims to prevent constitutional rights violations by security services, armed forces and police.
for an International Criminal Court - network of 1000 NGOs advocating for an independent International Criminal Court.
Commonwealth – website for 54 developed and developing nations.
- Committee of Concerned
Scientists - independent organisation of scientists
devoted to the advancement of human rights.
- Cultural Survival
- helps indigenous peoples and ethnic groups negotiate with international societies.
- Derechos - Internet-based
human rights organisation.
Court of Human Rights
- European Platform for Conflict Prevention and Transformation – a network which works in the field of prevention and resolution of violent conflicts.
- Fair Trials Abroad Trust – seeks to help citizens of the European Union accused of a crime in a country other than their own.
- Gendercide Watch – works to conduct research on gendercide.
- Global Policy Forum – monitors policy making at the United Nations.
- Human Rights Education Associates – NGO that supports human rights learning.
Rights Interactive Network - Internet launchpad for
human rights, armed conflict and disaster relief.
- Human Rights
Internet - international documentation centre on human rights.
- Human Rights
Monitor – compiles media coverage of human rights issues.
- Human Rights
Watch - NGO dedicated to protecting the rights of people.
for Human Rights (Lebanon) - specialised body within the Beirut
Bar Association that offers training on human rights issues.
- Institute for War and Peace Reporting – strengthens local journalism in areas of conflict.
- Interights – human rights law centre which supports the development of legal protection for human rights and freedoms.
- International Commission of Jurists – commission dedicated to the implementation of international law and principles that advance human rights.
- International Federation of Human Rights Leagues – works to implement all human rights enshrined in UDHR.
- International Peace Bureau – international peace federation.
- International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims – health organisation that supports the rehabilitation of torture victims.
- Islamic Human
Rights Commission - aims to highlight the oppression
faced by Muslims worldwide.
- Lawyers Committee
for Human Rights - works to promote human rights.
- Liberty – UK human rights and civil liberties organisation.
- promotes development by creating partnerships with community-based women's groups.
- Medecins Sans Frontieres - the
world's largest private humanitarian relief organisation.
- Middle East Children’s Alliance – works for peace in the Middle East, and focusses on Palestine, Israel, Lebanon and Iraq.
- Oneworld.net – groups working for human rights and sustainable development.
- Open Society Institute and Soros Foundations Network – a network of non-profit organisations.
of American States – works to strengthen democracy, advance human rights and expand trade.
- Oxfam International
- addresses the causes of poverty and related
- Peace Brigades International – NGO which protects human rights.
- Physicians for Human Rights– promotes health by protecting human rights.
- Population Research Institute – a non-profit organisation dedicated to researching population-related issues.
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty – offers a daily report of developments in Eastern Europe, Russia, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Red Cross/Red Crescent – the world’s largest humanitarian organisation, providing assistance without discrimination.
- Redress – non-profit legal organisation which helps torture survivors.
- Refugees International – generates lifesaving assistance for displaced people.
- Save The Children – UK charity that helps impoverished children in 70 countries.
- a foreign affairs think-tank working to prevent armed conflicts.
- Society for Threatened Peoples – promotes the rights of religious and ethnic minorities. The organisation has consultative status at the UN.
- South African Human Rights Commission – national institution established to entrench constitutional democracy.
- Survivors International – a non-profit organisation dedicated to providing psychological and medical services to survivors of torture.
International - works for tribal peoples' rights.
Human Rights Committee - independent organisation aimed at defending the human rights and liberties of Syrians.
- UK Foreign Office Human
Rights Policy Department – aims to spread the values of human rights and democracy through forums and bilateral relationships.
- United Nations – aims to maintain international peace; help solve economic, social, cultural and humanitarian problems; and promote respect for human rights.
- United Nations High Commissioner
for Human Rights
Nations High Commissioner for Refugees - helps co-ordinate action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide.
- War Child – a network of organisations working to help children affected by war.
- Westminster Foundation for Democracy
- funds projects which are aimed at strengthening pluralist democracies.
- Witness - delivers video
equipment to human rights organisations to expose the crimes and end impunity for human rights violators.
- Womankind Worldwide – UK-based charity dedicated to women’s development.
- Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom – NGO with national sections in 37 countries.
Commission for Peace & Human Rights Council - works on humanitarian
- World Organisation
Against Torture - coalition of NGO’s fighting against torture, summary executions and forced disappearances.
- World Views – gathers information and educational resource materials that deal with issues of peace and justice in world affairs.
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet