Save Our Sounds is all about creating an audio record of the world and that's where you come in! We need your help to capture sounds from all over the globe.
Here are some handy hints to get you started:
• Each new sound should be uploaded separately
• Try and keep the recordings short (around 30 seconds) and no more than 2 minutes
• We're interested in sounds rather than voices so please don't record an introduction to your sound
• Do make a note of the time/date/place of recording
• Send us as much information about your sound as you can
When you're recording your sound you might find these tips useful.
If you're using a microphone:
• Point the microphone towards the sound you are recording
• Hold the microphone as close to the sound as you can, but no closer than 5cm
• Avoid moving the microphone too swiftly while recording
• Take off any rings or jewellery that might make a noise or knock against the microphone
• If it's windy, try and shield the microphone from the wind
If you're recording on a phone:
• Try and ensure the background noise is minimal (unless it's the atmosphere that you're deliberately trying to capture)
• If you're using AudioBoo be sure to tag your sound with "BBC_SOS"
• The microphone can be sensitive to wind, so try and shield it if you can