General & Business English
Grammar, Vocabulary & Pronunciation
You are in:
- Quiz 5
1. "Like a fish ….. water" is a well-known idiom. If you feel like this, you feel different from everyone else.
2. Choose the correct answer.
We say the grass is greener on the other side of the fence when we……
think someone else's situation is better than our own
cannot make a decision
do something that is not likely to succeed
3. Choose a more formal alternative for the words in bold italics.
If a friend asks "How was the exam?", and you reply, "
I blew it
", what do you mean?
It was really easy
I found it difficult
4. Choose the correct verb:
I can't hear the radio. Can you ……. it up, please?
5. Choose the correct answer.
My father is the sort of person who
calls a spade a spade
. This means he ……
says exactly what he thinks
hides his true feelings
gets impatient easily
6. Choose the correct answer.
Mr Bridges never offers to pay for anything as he is extremely tight-… .
Watch and Listen
Grammar and Vocabulary