This page has been archived and is no longer updated.
Find out more about page archiving.
General & Business English
Grammar, Vocabulary & Pronunciation
You are in:
- Quiz 16
1. If you tell a secret then you have:-
let the chicken home to roost.
let the dog see the rabbit.
let the cat out of the bag.
let the cart go before the horse.
2. A 'hinge' is part of a(n) ....
3. This adjective means 'clever', but what is the correct spelling?
4. In American English where you walk at the side of the road is called the 'sidewalk'. What do we call this in British English?
5. Which sentence is correct in written English?
If you have a party he'll come.
When you have a party he'll come.
As you have a party he'll come.
Should you have a party, he'll come.
6 . Which verb means to negotiate a price, usually in a market?
Watch and Listen
Grammar and Vocabulary