Last updated at 12:34 BST, Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Week 52: Talking Sport: Usain Bolt

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Looking forward to

Welcome to Talking Sport!

The London Olympics are nearly here!

In this final episode we hear again from the fastest man in the world, Usain Bolt.

Usain is from Jamaica and holds the world record for the 100m, with a time of 9.58 seconds.

At the last Olympics in Beijing, Usain won three gold medals.

Join Natalie in this week's video from the London Olympic stadium and learn the phrase 'looking forward to'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: looking forward to

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! What are you looking forward to about this year's Olympics?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 9:19pm on 17 Jul 2012, Edubernardo wrote:

Does the end of this programme mean we won't see Natalie any longer? I love her accent! Please, don't leave us! And congratulations for the excellent work :D

• 2. At 11:09pm on 17 Jul 2012, beatriz wrote:

I wished I´d be there, but it´s not possible, then I´m looking forward to the Openning ceremony, the Olimpic Games in general but as I´m fan of swimming I´m really excited waiting for the swimming competitions!

• 3. At 03:24am on 18 Jul 2012, yoshimi wrote:

There are really a lot of things I'm looking forward to watching in this year's Olympics. The table tennis tournament, the football matches, the men's 100-meter dash, the Judo tournament, and both men's and women's marathons, just to name a few. I'm also looking forward to seeing some of the famous places or landmarks in London that I'm sure they will be showing us on TV.

• 4. At 06:50am on 19 Jul 2012, keti wrote:

I am looking forward to the Olympic opening ceremony which promises to be unorthodox and eye-popping. The fact that it will be performed by Danny Boyle well-known for his audacity and imagination is quite enough to expect the unexpected.

• 5. At 07:55am on 19 Jul 2012, trimu wrote:

Yesterday, I attended an interview conducted by most reputed company. The interviewer told me he is going to mail me the result.
      Looking forward to hearing from the company. fingers crossed.

• 6. At 05:27am on 24 Jul 2012, lime900121 wrote:

For Natelie I have my first BBC ID and I hope she will be together with me forever

• 7. At 12:52pm on 30 Jul 2012, greentree0216 wrote:

hi everone!!!

I am looking forward to the republic of korea wining scene in soccer game.

• 8. At 09:41am on 03 Aug 2012, Gin wrote:

I am looking forward to new funny programs on BBC Learning English website.

• 9. At 10:00am on 03 Aug 2012, alicechen wrote:

Usain Bolt is a hero,he is hard-walking ,I want to follow him ,besides I am looking forward to a excellent english .

• 10. At 03:12am on 05 Aug 2012, XUQI wrote:

I like to see the swimming ,Double rowing and the heroes in every sport

• 11. At 09:05am on 07 Aug 2012, flussadl wrote:

I am looking forward to watch the Boxing

• 12. At 12:40pm on 07 Aug 2012, marko montenegro wrote:

I am looking forward to go on holiday with my wife and my Dunja in Perast. We will enjoy together, it will be really holiday for one small and happy family.

This way of learning is useful and very good for people who don't know English very well.

• 13. At 11:39am on 08 Aug 2012, Cecy wrote:

I'm looking forward to watching the swimming competition, although the favourite athlete for the italian people didn't give the maximum this year!! at the same time I'm looking forward to see ryan lochte who is the stronger e the most beautiful!!

• 14. At 7:09pm on 08 Aug 2012, ashish mahawane wrote:

well first i want to thank BBC ,and about the olympics i think this is a event which has a whole world as a fan and i am also looking forward to the athletic competetion .Archery is also a very interesting game too and fortunately their is a participant from my country and i hope there we will see best shot from the best participants from around the world.

• 15. At 11:20am on 10 Aug 2012, Scofield4 wrote:

I'm looking forward to witnessing the new world record broken by Bolt. It's so exciting to see the men's 100-meter dash.

• 16. At 04:21am on 13 Aug 2012, blue_shark wrote:

I'm looking forward to be there so I can watch swimming competition, Michael Phelps is my idol

• 17. At 5:42pm on 13 Aug 2012, Gloria wrote:

HELO FRIENDS,

I'M FROM BRASIL, I WANT TO SAY THAT: I LOVE RUNNING ,I LOVE ENGLISH, I LOVE YOU TOO, BY BY.

GLÓRIA

• 18. At 07:31am on 14 Aug 2012, Tereza wrote:

This year Olympic games finished, but never mind - the next will come and all of us are looking forward to seeing it.

• 19. At 03:32am on 15 Aug 2012, Bruno david wrote:

Very nice indeed and I'm looking forward to learning more phrasal verbs

• 20. At 04:41am on 16 Aug 2012, tenocht wrote:

Hi Natalie, We´ll miss you, I hope you can teach us more vocabulary very soon.
      Take care

• 21. At 12:10pm on 30 Aug 2012, xingxing wrote:

I am looking forward to watch the USA basketball dream team playing with other countries.I am looking forword Kobe,James and orther basketball stars show the excellent performence.

• 22. At 06:38am on 21 Sep 2012, zoloo wrote:

Hi everyone. i am one of English learner from Mongolia. To be honest i was looking forward to meet my loved one after waiting during 8 months, meanwhile holding Summer Olympic at this stadium. We were expecting to watch all Olympic games together at his home in Moscow last August. But he had been given a special mission to somewhere 2 days before my departure to Moscow. Now i do not know where is he and what is he doing? Life is too cruel sometimes. Now i am looking forward to hear from him. Nevertheless, one thing i am pretty sure is that i will be looking forward to see next Summer Olympic in Brazil with my love )

• 23. At 03:54am on 29 Sep 2012, Marcia Carvajal wrote:

I like this video

• 24. At 12:54pm on 08 Oct 2012, amane wrote:

I'm new here and this is my first comment in this english series for sports fans .I wonder why it has finished , i think it is useful to learn more vocabulary about sport .
      I'm looking forward to the continuing of this sport's learning space

• 25. At 03:41am on 13 Oct 2012, giang2002 wrote:

I look foward to support Vietnamise athletes and hope that they will achive the fisrt gold medal for Vietnam

• 26. At 01:17am on 12 Dec 2012, kimyung wrote:

• 27. At 7:18pm on 13 Dec 2012, Brice33 wrote:

I'm looking forward to watching learning programmes like them because they are great to learn English. They are modern and interesting. Carry on these types of programme, we need them !

• 28. At 4:57pm on 18 Dec 2012, pikercarlos wrote:

Hi! I am Carlos from Bs. As. It was a great idea " TALKING SPORT". Now, I am looking foward to improved my english with "Natalie". She has got an excelent accent.

CONGRATULATIONS ! BBC LEARNING ENGLISH IS SUPERB

• 29. At 09:48am on 29 Dec 2012, Moha wrote:

Hi every body
      this is my first Comment in this site I hope I will continue to be with you guys and I am looking forward to develop my English sure with your help

thanks

my name is CANDY

• 30. At 8:19pm on 03 Jan 2013, Ergenekon wrote:

I am looking forward to see my country's emulation with others. I am looking forward to there being first in everything

1. Home