Last updated at 15:16 BST, Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Week 49: Talking Sport: Louis Smith

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

prove

Welcome to Talking Sport!

Today we meet a male gymnast from the UK.

Louis Smith is already an Olympian.

Louis won a bronze medal in the Beijing Olympics for his performance on the pommel horse.

He is hoping to win another medal at this year's Olympic Games in London.

Join Natalie in this week's video to find out more about Louis and learn the word 'prove'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: prove

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! What do you want to prove?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 6:38pm on 26 Jun 2012, keti wrote:

I am going to prove that I tried my best studying English by passing an exam in British Council.

• 2. At 10:07pm on 26 Jun 2012, csepelside wrote:

I only want to prove that I can develop my skills in English. I have been trying it for many-many years, however I always find that there are so many words and tricks in English which are unknown for me. I would demonstrate my situation so: I draw water from a lake (or sea) by glasses but there is still much water in it.

• 3. At 04:17am on 27 Jun 2012, walfredo wrote:

The next week I'm going to prove my skill in an exam. I hope I'll pass it. On thursday I have to prove my proficiency of handling the english, at least with a intermediate level. All my hard working must be demonstrated in a few minutes.

• 4. At 04:56am on 27 Jun 2012, Zafar wrote:

I've proved to my parents that i am a good son.

• 5. At 05:59am on 27 Jun 2012, socrates777 wrote:

this video is great, i get on with my sister , and i hope this november to get away for a couple of weeks.

• 6. At 06:12am on 27 Jun 2012, ttk7712 wrote:

Hello everyone! This is the my first comment on this site. And my English is not enough so good to say anything I want. And maybe I will be wrong in some sentences. So, if you finds any mistake, let tells me.
      This week we talk about "prove". I don't know what I need to prove myseft. Sometime, I want the people around me recognite that I'm so handsome. Hahaha. But that's not enough to prove. So, I don't need to prove anything!

• 7. At 2:15pm on 27 Jun 2012, piter wrote:

I would like to prove that i am the best pilot....

• 8. At 5:00pm on 27 Jun 2012, SardinianGT2 wrote:

You can't always "prove" what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find and get what you need :-)

• 9. At 4:00pm on 28 Jun 2012, FRANZ wrote:

• 10. At 10:11am on 29 Jun 2012, Nhon wrote:

I and my boyfriend have fallen in love for 2 years, we worked together at Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam until my company was face with difficult time. I've found the new and better job but the problems is if I work there, I'm must far away from him for 2 years. Although he's afraid of " out of sight, out of mind ", I still decide to challenge to this job. I want to prove that absence makes the heart grow fonder if love is strong enough.

• 11. At 4:07pm on 29 Jun 2012, Juan wrote:

I want to prove me every day, that I can be better than yesterday, in several fields like workfield, intellectual, physical and with my environment.

• 12. At 12:08pm on 07 Jul 2012, Irfan wrote:

Yes i would like to prove that I can get good score in TOEFL.

• 13. At 8:29pm on 17 Jul 2012, kamaraenglish wrote:

To obtain a job in Human Ressources, I have to prove among a lot of candidates I'm the right candidate for the postion.

• 14. At 7:24pm on 28 Jul 2012, jhonass wrote:

I need to prove that i can teach in a bilingual school..for this reason i need to study so much

• 15. At 09:46am on 07 Aug 2012, greentree0216 wrote:

I have to prove that i am a adequate student to study the u.k

• 16. At 06:38am on 24 Sep 2012, zoloo wrote:

Hi everyone. My boyfriend and i needed to live far away each other for a while. i want to prove that true love can achieve impossible if that is real, although he is afraid to face this challenge.

• 17. At 11:42am on 17 Dec 2012, Sameena Basit wrote:

I have to prove that I am a good learner

1. Home