Last updated at 16:15 BST, Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Week 45: Talking Sport: Ivan Ukhov

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Weakness

Welcome to Talking Sport!

This week we meet Russian athlete, Ivan Ukhov.

Ivan is a high jumper and is hoping to compete at this year's Olympic Games.

He is the current European Indoor champion and also won the world indoor championship title in 2010.

Join Natalie in this week's video to find out more about Ivan Ukhov and learn the words 'weakness' and 'obstacle'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: weakness, obstacle

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! What do you think your weakness is?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 9:39pm on 29 May 2012, ygexplorer wrote:

I think my weakness is always being too shy to express myself.
      Once there was a true love in front of me, however, I didn't do anything but just let it pass. If God can give me one chance to start over, I would tell the girl three words, "I love you". If I have to add a time limit for that, I hope it is, one million years.

• 2. At 9:41pm on 29 May 2012, yaiko wrote:

My weeknes is telling my opinion.
      I have no confidence.

• 3. At 00:14am on 30 May 2012, Mustafa AFG wrote:

My weakness is sleeping late at night.

• 4. At 02:10am on 30 May 2012, victor wrote:

that is something most people dont like to talk about, but time to time when I go to interview this cuestion come along; what are your weaknesses? and l reply my weakness is that I use to be very perfectionist and l get angry when something goes wrong.

• 5. At 04:09am on 30 May 2012, Le Nhung wrote:

My weakness is skill English is not good.

• 6. At 07:49am on 30 May 2012, yoshimi wrote:

One of my weaknesses is eating too much. I used to weigh about 54 kilograms till some years ago, but now I weight around 75 kilograms. Even on days when I don't do any work or exercise at all, I still eat just as much. It has been a big obstacle in keeping my body fit and healthy.

• 7. At 12:07pm on 30 May 2012, yaseminpelin wrote:

my weakness is ı guess ı m broken easily by people :(

• 8. At 4:09pm on 30 May 2012, Salvador wrote:

One of my professional weaknes is English language. As I am from a Spanish generation which studied mainly French at school, I have had to start learning English in my early forties, and it is not easy! In these times that may present a very big obstacle in my job.

• 9. At 12:57pm on 02 Jun 2012, Elkagirl wrote:

As many other non-English speaking people, my weakness is at English. It's an obstacle to me to gain a better job and pay. Now, I pratice my English with some colleagues all the time, I'm improved in speaking skill though it's still far from good.

• 10. At 11:06am on 05 Jun 2012, vatche wrote:

My weakness is that I care to much about the others. sometimes I ignore my feelings because I don't like to hurt others feelings and it gradually makes me feel that I'm not important than the others. So I recommend " First respect yourself then the others".

• 11. At 7:42pm on 05 Jun 2012, pikercarlos wrote:

My weakness is being too lazy to do sports. I am overweight and my doctor told me that I need practice sports.

• 12. At 00:17am on 11 Jun 2012, Duxx wrote:

So, I think my weakness is in fact to try to be very strong all the time, sometimes I should show what I´m really feeling.

• 13. At 10:37am on 14 Jan 2013, humraz97 wrote:

My big weakness is i can't see the people in difficulties, so i sometime try to make the life easy for the other to give them help. so help to the other and try to remove the worries obsticles and make the life easy as a human being.

1. Home