Last updated at 15:13 BST, Tuesday, 08 May 2012

Week 42: Talking Sport: MC Mary Kom

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

intense, feature

Welcome to Talking Sport!

At this year's London Olympics, women's boxing will be included for the first time at an Olympic Games.

One boxer hoping to compete this year is MC Mary Kom.

Today we join the Indian boxer in her hometown, Manipur, India.

Join Natalie in this week's video to hear about Mary and learn the words 'intense' and 'feature'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: intense, feature

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! What do you think of women's boxing at the Olympics? Do you think it should be featured? What other sports do you think should be featured at the Olympic Games?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 10:46pm on 08 May 2012, Ruben wrote:

If a woman is a master of boxing, why do we have to prevent her from taking part of the Olympics Games? I think it should be encouraged by national authorities to become an eye-catching sport. On the other hand, I hardly know about Olympics Games but I consider very interesting extreme sports to be played there.

• 2. At 03:49am on 09 May 2012, Emperatriz wrote:

Actually I consider boxing a violent sport. So women's boxing, no way! It could be healthy for these girls but is it still rude and dangerous for them. Anyway I wish you all boxers, men and women, around the world good luck at London's Olimpycs.

• 3. At 10:43am on 09 May 2012, FRANZ wrote:

Yes I think so.

• 4. At 11:38am on 09 May 2012, javitoledo wrote:

Hello everybody!

First of all congratulations for your programme, it's great!
      I'm studying english and I'm working very hard for learn it quickly, because I need speak english for get a job. So I am very nice for to feature for the first time in that website, with your help study english can be much more intense.

Thanks for all!

• 5. At 2:15pm on 10 May 2012, yoshimi wrote:

Boxing, whether it's men's or women's, should not be featured. It should be banned everywhere because it's too violent and dangerous. You could get killed or have your brain damaged permanently.
      About some sport to be featured in the Olympics, I think baseball should be featured. It's played by hundreds of millions of people in many parts of the world. I really don't understand why it's not already featured in the Olympics.

• 6. At 2:43pm on 11 May 2012, Juan wrote:

I think boxing is a rude sport, and usually more people support this practice would be only for men. But with all this changes in our society, when the woman´s role is every time more important I thing they are going to made of this sport a huge feature in the olimpics.

• 7. At 3:54pm on 12 May 2012, Fatmir wrote:

I would love to feature ahead students at classroom after I get a PhD degree.

• 8. At 1:41pm on 14 May 2012, abuye wrote:

I think women boxing should be featured on Olympics as that of men although the boxing game is violent and dangerous. I hardly know all the Olympic games but all eye-catching games should be featured.

• 9. At 6:36pm on 18 May 2012, dafna wrote:

I think that the aim of modern Olympic games are too far from the original one. They became more a business than a sport competion that had been organised to support world peace and people interaction. I believe that before a new sport is featured in the Olympics there should be poll.

• 10. At 09:37am on 17 Oct 2012, CokeZii wrote: