Last updated at 18:37 GMT, Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Week 35: Talking Sport: Abhinav Bindra

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

goal, challenge

Welcome to Talking Sport!

Today we meet Abhinav Bindra.

Abhinav is an air rifle shooter from India.

In 2008 he won gold at the Beijing Olympics, which was also India's first ever individual gold medal.

Abhinav is hoping to win again at this year's London 2012 Olympics.

Join Natalie in this week's video to hear from Abhinav and learn the words 'goal' and 'challenge'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: goal, challenge

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! What is your goal? Do you like a challenge?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 03:51am on 21 Mar 2012, aliozturk wrote:

Recently, I have been interested in cycling. My challenge is to cross more than 100km with my bicycle.

• 2. At 07:46am on 21 Mar 2012, Gigliola wrote:

I have been taking Pilates lessons since January this year. This was a challenge for me. My goal is to get in shape, to feel good about myself and to enjoy life more. My progresses are slow but I am on the right track.

• 3. At 08:58am on 21 Mar 2012, sabo wrote:

Learning a foreign language is a big challenge. When I use English, my brain works with 120% of its power. My goal is to speak English fluently.

• 4. At 09:02am on 21 Mar 2012, ibabaoglan wrote:

Speaking english fluently is my goal. After speaking fluently protect and keep on it is a big challenge.

• 5. At 10:12am on 21 Mar 2012, FRANZ wrote:

My goal is a good retirement.

• 6. At 1:57pm on 21 Mar 2012, sowork wrote:

To have my own family is my goal. I know that finding a girlfriend is the first thing, anyway. It will be a good challenge and makes me motivated.

• 7. At 2:32pm on 21 Mar 2012, Juan wrote:

In this moments my goal is obtein a new job. Unfortunately, my present job has became so rutinary, and I like challenges. I need to have a lot of patience (and lucky) to reach this goal.

I think its important propose goals. It helps you to put all your efforts and strenghts in one objective, when you can learn and enjoy too in something that you want to achieve.

• 8. At 3:22pm on 21 Mar 2012, valentin wrote:

My goal is be happy every day :)

• 9. At 7:32pm on 21 Mar 2012, Vera_Kuzub wrote:

To do my own business is my goal. And I do all for that.

• 10. At 11:25am on 23 Mar 2012, simon mao wrote:

My goal is to read the whole bible before the next semester of theology school. It is obviously a big challenge to a man who never finished a whole book.

• 11. At 6:46pm on 24 Mar 2012, _Andrew_ wrote:

My goal is writing, speaking, understanding, reading almost as Londoner.
      Running four time a week and cycling by bike about 150 km are my challenge.

• 12. At 11:15am on 27 Mar 2012, Sukhjinder Pal Singh wrote:

My Goal Is To Achieve 7.5 Bands In IELTS

• 13. At 2:12pm on 01 Apr 2012, apsny wrote:

To have a mind of great capacity is my goal ! I am ready to meet any challenge of life !

• 14. At 11:05am on 14 Aug 2012, Gyan wrote:

It's really awesome to see to such great guru who are willing to teah english with so many ways,
      I really appreciate them to deliver us such incredible content in form of audio and video .
      Thanks to whole BBC Team who makes this program and maintaining the quality consistently
      -Gyan