Last updated at 14:50 GMT, Tuesday, 06 March 2012

Week 33: Talking Sport: Anthony Joshua

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Keep my feet on the ground

Welcome to Talking Sport!

Anthony Joshua is a boxer from North London.

He is 22 years old and only started boxing when he was 18.

In 2011 he won a silver medal at the World Amateur Boxing Championships in Azerbaijan.

Join Natalie in this week's video to hear from Anthony and learn the word 'advise' and the phrase 'keep my feet on the ground'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: advise, keep my feet on the ground

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! Who do you advise? Who advises you?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 4:40pm on 06 Mar 2012, Soler wrote:

I find it incredibly hard to keep your feet on the ground each time, when you achieve something great , it's most difficult thing about success.

• 2. At 11:10pm on 06 Mar 2012, FRANZ wrote:

I rare take some advises people give to me. I don't like advises when I don't ask for.

• 3. At 01:55am on 07 Mar 2012, pine wrote:

my mom always advised me when i was young, do study very hard because that's your future. that was right. i regrate very much

• 4. At 04:54am on 07 Mar 2012, gem wrote:

I rarely advise others . My husband always advises me to be consistence , confident and be with bright eyed and bushy tailed.

• 5. At 04:59am on 07 Mar 2012, Doris wrote:

I aways advise my friend when they meet some problems with job or relationships.
      Sometimes when I in the depressed way I usually call Sarah who is my best friend to share my feelings.

But I think in some situations that it's better not advise too much, because maybe the friend only want to find a way to release their stress and not really need your advice.

• 6. At 10:16am on 07 Mar 2012, narrosgirl wrote:

I tend to advise everybody, but I usually make an effort to keep quiet if nobody asks me, because I don´t like advised if I haven't asked for them.

• 7. At 12:35pm on 07 Mar 2012, Edu wrote:

When you achieve something, after many trials and errors, is hard to keep the feet on the ground. But is important to slow down and notice what you learned.

• 8. At 04:26am on 08 Mar 2012, Linn wrote:

Just advise to others, but don't not push. Because we never know exactly how their life and going through. And also we should not take the advices easily. However, we could convert the best for us.

• 9. At 07:51am on 08 Mar 2012, alex wrote:

I would advise Pavel Pogrebnyak, a russion footboller, playing in Fulham, after scoring 5 times in 3 matches to keep his feet on the ground and continue to work hard

• 10. At 8:25pm on 08 Mar 2012, pros wrote:

My friends advice me to do more gym...but I'm....very lazy ;)

• 11. At 09:37am on 10 Mar 2012, sabo wrote:

When I'm excited, I can't hear my friends' or my family's advise, so I can't keep my feet on the ground...

• 12. At 4:41pm on 10 Mar 2012, apsny wrote:

sometimes i need to be advised...THANKS to my friends !

• 13. At 6:14pm on 11 Mar 2012, stefanoilriccio wrote:

• 14. At 6:16pm on 11 Mar 2012, stefanoilriccio wrote:

• 15. At 02:35am on 14 Mar 2012, Mie wrote:

My favourite form of exercise is swimming. My mum advised me to go to swimming-pood everyday. Sometimes, I feel tired, I will swim and put my feet up.

• 16. At 1:57pm on 17 Mar 2012, jeaidi wrote:

I can accept advising me from my father my mother my brother my friends and anyone if you are convinced. but i can't accept any advise if you not convinced

• 17. At 00:08am on 21 Mar 2012, lydia wrote:

After success in losing weight, I advise myself to keep my feet on the ground, but felt it's so hard for that~

1. Home