Last updated at 17:47 GMT, Monday, 06 February 2012

Week 29: M.C. Mary Kom

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Fulfil

Welcome to Talking Sport!

Today we meet World Champion boxer, M. C. Mary Kom.

Mary is from Manipur in India and is one of the best female boxers in the world.

As well as being a top athlete Mary is also a wife and mother to twin boys.

Join Natalie in this week's video to hear about Mary's boxing success and learnt the phrase 'fulfil'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: fulfil

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! What would you like to fulfil?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 2:02pm on 07 Feb 2012, mamyvonne wrote:

I'like to fulfil my dream of speaking fluent english !!!

• 2. At 4:17pm on 07 Feb 2012, Amar wrote:

i have to fulfill my dream to study aboard therefore i have to get maximum bands in IELTS to fulfill English language requirement.

• 3. At 4:19pm on 07 Feb 2012, Trinh Thanh Trung wrote:

I will try to fulfil my ambition of learning English for my work... hard and harder...

• 4. At 6:00pm on 07 Feb 2012, Hieronima wrote:

I'd like to fulfil my dream of finishing triathlon.

• 5. At 6:25pm on 07 Feb 2012, Ana Paula wrote:

I would like to fulfil the wish become a mother. This year, I will go to do this because I´m 12 weeks pregnant. My baby is growing very well then my husband and me are very happy because of this .The motherhood is my most important life project in this moment.

• 6. At 7:05pm on 07 Feb 2012, Din Islam wrote:

I like to fulfil my dream. I've lots of dreams. Some are so impractical that I know they will never be fulfilled. But some more other dreams which are practicable and I think they should be fulfilled. I always pray to Allah so that He would help me to fulfil those.

• 7. At 9:13pm on 07 Feb 2012, FRANZ wrote:

I want to fulfil my life telling the truth or not to tell anything.

• 8. At 11:32pm on 07 Feb 2012, YoungTaek wrote:

There is a hope I have dreamed from the youth. That is becoming a musician, composer. I am going to fullfill that someday.

• 9. At 06:49am on 08 Feb 2012, alex wrote:

I'd like to fulfill my dreams of passing FCE with A

• 10. At 8:07pm on 08 Feb 2012, Juan wrote:

I would like to fulfil and a expedition faround the world knowing a lot of our cultures.

• 11. At 12:00pm on 10 Feb 2012, narrosgirl wrote:

I would like to fulfil my dream of going to Paris next spring.

• 12. At 01:08am on 14 Feb 2012, outlier87 wrote:

I met the one who works for NGO at the Seoul Bus terminal.
      He asked me to donate some money that can help the poor.
      But at that time, I didn't have any cash in my pocket.
      So I wasn't able to give the money to the man.

If I had a money at that time, I could have given a contribution that helps fulfil their dream.
      Surely, other guys could help make their dreams come true, instead of me.~

• 13. At 7:03pm on 17 Feb 2012, apsny wrote:

I want my English experience to be the attribute of my future profession and I try to fulfil my best for it !

1. Home