Last updated at 16:14 GMT, Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Week 27: Achieng Ajulu-Bushell

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Drive

Welcome to Talking Sport!

Training for the Olympics is hard and a lot of athletes have to give up things.

For Achieng Ajulu-Bushell, her sacrifice is living away from her family.

Achieng is a British swimmer who lives and trains in the UK, but the rest of her family live in Kenya.

Today we follow Achieng on a trip back to Kenya to visit her family.

Join Natalie in this week's video to hear more about Achieng and learn the words 'drive' and 'discipline'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: drive, discipline

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! What is your drive to succeed?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 6:39pm on 24 Jan 2012, LuciaOrtiz wrote:

My drive to succeed is to learn english as soon as possible because I would like to write anthropological texts in this lenguage

• 2. At 8:07pm on 24 Jan 2012, Hassan wrote:

• 3. At 02:37am on 25 Jan 2012, ketty wrote:

I want to master the languages, such as English and Korean. I've been spending most of my time to study them and never give up. Being a good second-language speaker is my drive to succeed.

• 4. At 11:40am on 25 Jan 2012, Vera_Kuzub wrote:

Have a goal and go to it is my drive to succeed in learning english.

• 5. At 1:25pm on 25 Jan 2012, faten wrote:

My drive is to become a good researcher and get a degree. I know that`s not easy at all and needs a lot of discipline.

• 6. At 09:43am on 27 Jan 2012, Amar wrote:

i have drive to improve my listening and the whole English with the help of these excerice bc i am going to appear on IELTS

• 7. At 10:07am on 28 Jan 2012, FRANZ wrote:

My drive to succeed the change of the ridiculous culture of my country is the knowledge and the ethic. I have to do what I tell to the people what they have to do.

• 8. At 10:37am on 28 Jan 2012, sdluk wrote:

I have a drive to become an English writer.

• 9. At 3:15pm on 29 Jan 2012, Juan wrote:

My drive is be motivated and try to see possitive aspects in activities I do. With this attitude is easy plan and act.

• 10. At 06:51am on 02 Feb 2012, Din Islam wrote:

My drive to succeed is to keep going forward step by step. And more importantly keep patience in mind. I've a dream to be a researcher. A researcher needs to be determined. I've just completed post graduate and at this moment I've plan to take GRE and TOEFL/IELTS to obtain a scholarship. My plan to succeed is at this time to study with BBC English. Taking every kind of lesson seriously it is posting every week and I've no doubt on the usefulness of the materials it is providing to me. I'm going to face a viva for government job. I have to face it in English. I'm little bit slow in Speaking in English. Sometimes I feel that if I would talk to an English speaking one regularly then I might be fluent in English. I hope someone would help me.

• 11. At 09:18am on 03 Feb 2012, La_praline wrote:

My drive to succeed is to become internation champion in ballroom dancing, to learn such languages as English, Turkish, Kazakh, Chinese and Spanish.

• 12. At 03:38am on 08 Feb 2012, goldman wrote:

I have many drive. And the drive is changed whenever i make a new plan for my future.

• 13. At 03:50am on 26 Feb 2012, shakhaowat wrote:

The drive that I am inculcating now is to secure satisfactory score in TOEFL test........

• 14. At 02:19am on 28 Feb 2012, Sumesh wrote: