Last updated at 11:14 GMT, Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Week 26: Jehue Gordon

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

A role model

Welcome to Talking Sport!

Today we visit the school where it all started for Jehue Gordon.

Jehue is a 400m hurdler and started his sport at his school, Belmont Boys' Secondary School.

Through the help of his teacher Mr King, Jehue is now one of the fastest hurdlers in Trinidad and Tobago and hopes to compete for his country in this year's Olympic Games.

Join Natalie in this week's video to hear about Jehue's school and learn the phrases 'right attitude' and 'role model'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: Right attitude, role model

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! Who is your role model?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 1:55pm on 17 Jan 2012, Nazar Y Khaleel wrote:

When we were students at school, teachers tried to teach us to have the right attitude. Also one of my teachers in the primary stage, who was excellent in calligraphy , was my role model.

• 2. At 2:14pm on 17 Jan 2012, A man from Siberia wrote:

Hello everyone! I dared to leave this:
      When someone, is considered to be a role model, tells us that our right attitude excels among the others, what can be better motivation for us to go ahead than this one?
      Best of luck for your studies! Cheerio! Max from Siberia

• 3. At 6:06pm on 17 Jan 2012, Din Islam wrote:

My role model is Sachin Tendulkar. I always follow his batting style. The way he bats is perfect and amusing. I become wondered while I watch his batting techniques and differene kinds of shorts. His short selection is perfect. He already made the most run in the world cricket as an individual with 99 centuries. Everybody is now waiting for his century number 100th. I wish he would get it soon.

• 4. At 10:38am on 18 Jan 2012, Vera_Kuzub wrote:

There are many person who can be role model for me. They are clever, successful, have a goal and go to it.

• 5. At 10:50am on 18 Jan 2012, narrosgirl wrote:

My father is my role model because of his right attitude to the life: patience, encouragement, good mood... And, mostly, he loved the life he had, and he didn't envy nobody nothing. His life isn't easy but he achieved to be happy.

• 6. At 00:03am on 19 Jan 2012, Juan wrote:

My parent are my role model because with their effort and values, they´ve teach me put all my efforts to reach my objectives.

• 7. At 6:07pm on 20 Jan 2012, luc debruyne wrote:

I haven't a typical role model in my life. But I'm looking at different people who influence me. It can be a politician, a sports personality, an arganisation for human or animal rights, an old person with a right attitude.... There are many personalities and situations where I'm interested in and so I'll try to improve my dayly life.

• 8. At 12:14pm on 21 Jan 2012, FRANZ wrote:

My role model is Frank Zappa for his wrong attitude.

• 9. At 12:57pm on 01 Feb 2012, Kristy wrote:

Hy, I am new here.
      I would like to say that I have many role models, depends on situation.

1. Home