Last updated at 11:17 GMT, Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Week 25: South Korean archers

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Demanding

Welcome to Talking Sport!

South Korea has some of the best archers in the world.

They topped the medal table in archery in the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.

This week BBC reporter John Sudworth has been to the South Korean archery training centre in Seoul.

Join Natalie in this week's video to hear about archery and learn the word 'demanding'.

Note: Natalie made this video in 2011, which is why she says the Olympic Games are "next year".

Learning point

Vocabulary: demanding

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Join in the conversation! What do you find demanding?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 3:41pm on 10 Jan 2012, A man from Siberia wrote:

Hello everyone. At first I couldn't believe my eyes, there were no comments left. So I decided to write something, just for fun.I know it looks quite silly, because i think it isn't demanding at all.
      Best of luck for you studies. Bye-bye.

• 2. At 6:47pm on 10 Jan 2012, Kazimir wrote:

I'm going to go to Kiev to find a new job and I think it would be very demanding. I've got to have what it takes to get that job.

• 3. At 7:08pm on 10 Jan 2012, faten wrote:

I think doing a PhD research, whatever the subject is, is highly demanding.

• 4. At 00:41am on 11 Jan 2012, Juan wrote:

Movilize in my city is very demanding for the huge traffic jams. I have to face it during the week. I spend almost four hours all days in the car. I need a lot of patience.

• 5. At 04:22am on 11 Jan 2012, Elkagirl wrote:

Working on my English is my demanding resolution at the moment. Well, actually I've been doing it for more than 2 years but I haven't got a good enough progress. I have to make a big progress this year for getting a better job.

• 6. At 07:27am on 11 Jan 2012, Doris wrote:

I am a sales manager in my company, my job is very physically demanding as well as with strong pressure.

• 7. At 10:32am on 11 Jan 2012, narrosgirl wrote:

I think a right English pronunciation is very demanding. It requires to have a good ear and a lot og training by listening spoken English. I'm a hard-worked person with a lot of patience, and I'm very good at grammar too. But, believe me, I have a quite bad ear. Will I achieve a right English pronunciation. I'll believe it when I'll see it, or rather, when I'll listen it.

• 8. At 10:54am on 11 Jan 2012, Discip wrote:

Thank you for sayng how demanding is the training in archery. I was wrong about that sport and I thought was very relaxing sport

• 9. At 11:12am on 11 Jan 2012, Vera_Kuzub wrote:

I think looking after a little baby, do homework, go for a gym and work five days a week are very demanding.

• 10. At 3:08pm on 11 Jan 2012, enlil wrote:

Daily homeworks with two children are demanding.

• 11. At 4:13pm on 11 Jan 2012, Emanuelrocha wrote:

Choosing what to do, juggling everything we're supposed to and, besides that, getting some spare time to enjoy ourselves is really mentally and emotionally demanding.

• 12. At 8:01pm on 11 Jan 2012, Tereza wrote:

I got my first full-time job in September, but I am still studying - I should finish university in June. And studying and working together is very, very demanding.

• 13. At 10:51pm on 11 Jan 2012, alicianoia wrote:

Raising a child is a demanding job but it is worth it.

• 14. At 7:19pm on 12 Jan 2012, kwangwon wrote:

hello everyone. To begin with, i personally feel proud of this video as i am from South Korea. It is just surprising that a reporter from BBC has been to our country to report our archer.
      And i know that almost all sports are very demanding in addition to the archer. Anyway, here we are and thank BBC cuz' i have learnt another new good expression-demanding!

• 15. At 8:05pm on 12 Jan 2012, Nazar Y Khaleel wrote:

Hello, everyone.
      That we should start from zero level is very demanding.

• 16. At 9:31pm on 12 Jan 2012, Ahmad wrote:

My wife is very demanding !!

• 17. At 10:41am on 13 Jan 2012, FRANZ wrote:

Living in Brazil paying a lot of taxes more the European doing and knowing how corrupt our politics are is a big metal demanding to me.

• 18. At 2:43pm on 16 Jan 2012, alex wrote:

I used to live with my gob,university,trainings,English classes and it's very demanding

• 19. At 09:48am on 27 Jan 2012, Amar wrote:

IELTS preparation will be very demanding for me if i really wanna get maximum band

• 20. At 11:45am on 11 Feb 2012, Lenok wrote:

Hi, everybody!
      I think that our preparings for the exams/olimpiads/tests are very demanding!

1. Home