Last updated at 14:20 GMT, Tuesday, 01 November 2011

Week 15: Physiotherapist

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Alistair Brownlee's Physiotherapist

Welcome to Talking Sport!

Every athlete has a team of people supporting them through their training.

This week we meet a physiotherapist who helps world triathlete champion Alistair Brownlee.

As Alistair's physiotherapist, Emma Deakin helps prevent and treat his muscle injuries.

Join Natalie in this week's video to learn about the words 'achieved' and 'rewarding' and hear from Emma.

Learning point

Vocabulary: 'achieved' and 'rewarding'

Now tell us what you think

What have you achieved? Or what has been very rewarding for you?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 4:43pm on 01 Nov 2011, Soler wrote:

I find really rewarding to treat patients and bring to them happiness.

• 2. At 5:03pm on 01 Nov 2011, noemi wrote:

I was training during 6 month to be able to run a marathon and when I achieve the 26.2 miles I felt it very rewarding. Since today i have finish 5 marahons and an ultramarathon and everytime I cross the finish line i feel the same.

• 3. At 7:03pm on 01 Nov 2011, luc debruyne wrote:

In August I took part in an open water event in Belgium. Damme-Bruges is a well-known international swim meeting. Everybody can take part both in competition and recreationally. I achieved in breast stroke the finishline. The water temperature was less than 20°C. The hard (long distance) training was very rewarding for me.

• 4. At 9:53pm on 01 Nov 2011, csepelside wrote:

I've achieved to speak and read three foreign languages, among them English, and I find it rewarding. At the same time, of course, it doesn'n mean that I am at the end of learning.

• 5. At 03:29am on 02 Nov 2011, GOVINDAY wrote:

Achieving of my goals fells me rewarding.

• 6. At 09:34am on 02 Nov 2011, Vera_Kuzub wrote:

I have a good family. I bring up my young son. I have a good job. I feel myself happy. I think that I have acheived something in my live.

• 7. At 1:47pm on 02 Nov 2011, Andrew wrote:

I've achieved the merit in my masters dissertation! Hoorray! I really found it rewarding. Anyway, the school in the clip was the school which I studied! Missing the days :)

• 8. At 1:49pm on 02 Nov 2011, sherin Elhaddad wrote:

when I finished reading big novel in english .I found this very rewarding . but when I achieved to stop negitive thinking that was very rewarding to me too

• 9. At 7:16pm on 02 Nov 2011, NAZandSIK wrote:

When I spoke to the English-speaking man the first time in my life, and he understood me, I felt really rewarding. I hope I will have more such pleasant moments which help me to achieve more in learning English.

• 10. At 9:07pm on 02 Nov 2011, Tereza wrote:

I was teaching children to play the flute. When they acieved their goal (such as perform good at the concert etc.), it was really rewarding for me and also for them.

• 11. At 9:45pm on 02 Nov 2011, jun wrote:

helping others, particular for these disabled persons is very rewarding that i feel i achieved a lot.

• 12. At 1:01pm on 05 Nov 2011, FRANZ wrote:

Know English is be part of the global community and it's a achieve to me. It's a rewarding when in English I can talk and understand is a rewarding. I think the only thing to change knowledge between people from different countries is the English language. With it we can do a world revolution without politics neither religious but only using the Science.

1. Home