Last updated at 13:10 BST, Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Week 14: Borlee Twins

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Borlee Brothers

Welcome to Talking Sport!

This week we hear about the Borlee brothers.

Kevin and Jonathan Borlee are identical twins from Belgium and compete in the 400m.

The Borlee twins are two of Belgium's top athletes and recently Kevin won bronze in the 400m at the World Athletics Championships in South Korea.

This week we hear what Michael Johnson thinks of the Borlee brothers.

Michael Johnson is a former sprinter who has won four Olympic gold medals.

So what does he think of them?

Join Natalie in this week's video to learn about the word 'talent' and hear from Olympian Michael Johnson.

Learning point

Vocabulary: 'talent'

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

What is your talent?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 3:31pm on 25 Oct 2011, luc debruyne wrote:

I teached in a primary school in Belgium for more than 30 years as a sportteacher. We (the schoolteam) always said to our children 'everybody is talented'. The one is very well in mathematics, the other has a talent as narrator, basketter, runner.... We motivated them this way to give sense to their life.

• 2. At 00:49am on 26 Oct 2011, Darlan wrote:

One of my talents is reading. However, I don't have talent for running. And my sister is a talent singer. We have diferent combinations of habilities.

• 3. At 08:16am on 26 Oct 2011, haibarajinichi wrote:

When I saw your topic for today,a moment of crestfallen feeling went through my mind.We have 14 guys together for academic life in Singapore,and hitherto I find the others all talented about instruments e.g. violin.I seem to be the single one who haven't got any talent.But soon I make myself look on the bright side and get my life.And suddenly I get a glimpse of my talent----cheering myself up,I think it's a splendid one.
      Jenny

• 4. At 8:04pm on 26 Oct 2011, cardenas wrote:

I'm a special-need teacher in a primary school in france, and I work with children who have difficulties in their study. I often tell them that :"everyone's got a talent in his life! the more difficult is to find it. You don't know about what kind of talent you have, but sure you're talented!"
      They are very surprise, because for the majority of them, this few words sounds as an important discovery.
      Eric

• 5. At 7:21pm on 27 Oct 2011, Juan wrote:

I´m talented hearing and giving advices people who is around me. I´m talented playing guitar too.

• 6. At 4:54pm on 28 Oct 2011, Soler wrote:

I see everyday many talented peoples, however I don't see possibilities to express and widen these talents in my country. I think the main thing is to have opportunity develop and show your talents, otherwise It can become to big disaster.

• 7. At 11:43am on 29 Oct 2011, FRANZ wrote:

My talent is not to be involved by another people. I have my own opinions. I don't mind what people think or they say if something is in or something is out. Perhaps my talent is control my world.

• 8. At 10:24pm on 29 Oct 2011, tahira wrote:

hello everyone,

I think everyone of us have got a certain talent, each person has got an own individual talent. I don t know what my talent is but I hope over the time I ll discover it...I am able to do many things, but on the other side I am not perfect...and I dont know any person who is perfect ...and I am happy not to know someone who is perfect...regarding the main issue I dont see my abillities as a talent...talent for me is sth special what not everyone is able to do..

• 9. At 04:36am on 02 Nov 2011, Jessy wrote:

Great video that we can learn a lot. Thanks for sharing......

• 10. At 4:27pm on 07 Nov 2011, valemulatti wrote:

I have not a definite talent but I really enjoyed playing volleyball, I like a lot, but any sport in general less football :C

• 11. At 4:29pm on 07 Nov 2011, valemulatti wrote:

• 12. At 4:42pm on 07 Nov 2011, danielam wrote:

I since childhood I have the talent to dance, and dance since she was little and it's something I've always liked.

1. Home