Last updated at 11:20 BST, Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Week 9: Jessica Ennis

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Jessica Ennis

Welcome to Talking Sport!

This week we meet heptathlete Jessica Ennis.

The heptathlon involves seven events including the 100m hurdles and the high jump.

Recently Jessica won silver at the World Athletic Championships in Daegu, South Korea.

She is one of Britain's biggest hopes for next year's Olympics in London.

So how does Jessica feel about competing in her own country?

Join Natalie in this week's video to learn about the word 'pressure'.

Learning point

Vocabulary: 'Pressure'

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

Do you ever feel pressure?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 2:10pm on 20 Sep 2011, Elkagirl wrote:

I was really under pressure when finishing my bachelor's thesis. I was afraid that I couldn't pass it and had to wait until next semester to have my second chance.

• 2. At 5:08pm on 20 Sep 2011, Bacira wrote:

I have to present two thesis statements for my thesis with my professor by next week, but I haven't started to do my research yet. I know I have to hurry up to meet the deadline and I feel pressure now because I hope I won't disappoint the expectation of my professor.

• 3. At 5:33pm on 20 Sep 2011, Juan wrote:

In my work, when I´m going to implement any project I feel a little of presure. Fortunately, I manage and control it faster.

• 4. At 7:53pm on 20 Sep 2011, hidroquinona wrote:

It is fancy felling pressure in order to do my best! However insane pressure should be avoided. unfortunately I feel pressure while I drive!

• 5. At 01:37am on 21 Sep 2011, DY Kim wrote:

Nowdays my hobby is playing a golf. I feel really pressur when i hit the golf ball in difficult siuation.

• 6. At 03:15am on 21 Sep 2011, boo wrote:

My Englsih Speaking is not good, so I feel pressure from my British teachers. I hope pressure will help me try more to improve my language skills.

• 7. At 03:31am on 21 Sep 2011, haibarajinichi wrote:

I feel pressure when I am learning English on BBC! I have to learn English for an exchange student programme,so I choose BBC,but my Engish is not good enough to understand all your texts,this gives me much pressure.Though it is a struggle,I will learn on.Fighting!

• 8. At 07:57am on 21 Sep 2011, Vera_Kuzub wrote:

Yes I felt pressure, when I studied at school and university.
      I feel pressure, when I work. Sometime I feel pressure at home, when someone of my family wants me to do something very quickly or something what I don't want to do. I think everyone feels pressure more or less.

• 9. At 11:08am on 22 Sep 2011, FRANZ wrote:

I'm a public servant and rarely I feel pressure.

• 10. At 3:19pm on 28 Sep 2011, rob wrote:

Recently I've started feeling pressure, because i am running out of my savings and i am unemployed at the moment.

• 11. At 3:34pm on 28 Sep 2011, Lucas wrote:

Actually, I'm working in a small company, then usually I work alone most of the time, and rarely my boss comes to the office, then I almost don't feel pressure.

1. Home