Last updated at 09:17 BST, Friday, 26 August 2011

Week 6: Achieng Ajulu-Bushell

Follow sporting stories and learn English along the way.

Video

Achieng Ajulu-Bushell

Welcome to Talking Sport!

It is hard training for the Olympics but it is even harder when you also have to go to school!

This week we meet British swimmer, Achieng Ajulu-Bushell.

17-year-old Achieng is aiming to compete for Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympics.

So how does Achieng manage to go to school and train for the Olympics?

Does Achieng find her schedule hard?

Join Natalie in this week’s episode and find out about the words motivation and struggle.

Learning point

Vocabulary: Motivation and Struggle

Downloads

Now tell us what you think

What is your motivation for Learning English?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 11:14am on 30 Aug 2011, Vera_Kuzub wrote:

My motivation is to get a new job with a better salery. I want to watch english films and programs in original. And course if I will go abroad on weekend I can speak with another people who know english. English is internation language. Learning english is my hobby now.

• 2. At 11:41am on 30 Aug 2011, dibenedettonicolas wrote:

I am a physician and mi motivation for learning English is to improve my pronunciation and my gramar skills for a medical congress.

• 3. At 12:03pm on 30 Aug 2011, Elkagirl wrote:

I would love to master English for personal advance and getting a better job as well.

• 4. At 1:04pm on 30 Aug 2011, harold_galvis wrote:

Nothing is free , and if we wants find a goal, its necesary a aditional effort.

• 5. At 1:14pm on 30 Aug 2011, Teo Prim wrote:

My motivation for learning English is to get the ability for succeed communication with people who speaks English, because English is an international language and because I like visiting London.

• 6. At 3:12pm on 30 Aug 2011, alicianoia wrote:

My motivation for learning English is to get an official degree and to speak fluently with English people.

• 7. At 3:56pm on 30 Aug 2011, Juan wrote:

My motivation are classified in two areas. In my professional field I think its an opportunity to compete or find out a better work, and can rise increase salary and economical conditions.
      In my personal field I like to learn other language and can talk with other persons in the world where a lot of people talk english.

• 8. At 6:11pm on 30 Aug 2011, nguyennguyenphuong wrote:

In my opinion, the motivation plays important role to help someone successful, it not only helps u know what you should do and what shouldn't but also encourages a lot to finish your objectives

• 9. At 9:11pm on 30 Aug 2011, csepelside wrote:

My motivation for learning English is to understand people better. As English is a world language it's worth learning it. Mostly I read various news in English. My advice is to study other languages as well. I prefer for example Russian because it is the one on which famous writers wrote their novels.

• 10. At 02:48am on 31 Aug 2011, Marco Genachi wrote:

My motivations for learning English are:

-Increase my knowledge;
      -Learn how to master it;
      -Open a range of possibilities, like knowing other people's culture;
      -Achieve one of my goals which is travelling overseas;
      -Get better positions in the work market.

Learning English is one of my favorite hobbies.

Marco

• 11. At 04:29am on 31 Aug 2011, eunsoojung wrote:

My motivation to learn English everyday is to be a nice person who can speak english well like American.

• 12. At 09:40am on 01 Sep 2011, Gergely wrote:

My motivation to learn english is the need. I must read and write a lot of science publications in English, I must use it in conferences, in job etc.. And I would like to read Scott Fitzgerald, T.S Eliot, James Joyce in English.

• 13. At 11:15pm on 01 Sep 2011, Ad14Santos wrote:

My motivation to learn English is understand the Broadway´s
      musicals musics.

• 14. At 12:04pm on 02 Sep 2011, FRANZ wrote:

My motivation to learn English is to know new models of public policies to implement in my country. I do not believe we need to reinvented the wheel but just learn with higher order nations.

• 15. At 3:11pm on 05 Sep 2011, thyagomend wrote:

My motivation to learn English and improve it each time more is to create news oportunities in my porfessional life.

• 16. At 08:16am on 06 Sep 2011, Betty wrote:

My motivation is to speak English and German well, so that I can go to Europa by myself without translator.

• 17. At 04:09am on 11 Sep 2011, Randy Aparicio wrote:

my motivation to learn english is that i want to speak english with other people, i understand that the english is very important in these day,also i want to improve my english, and i would like to travel to london. i love it this is my motivation.

Ronald