When I think about orange colour, first of all I think about oranges. Because I love them! The cake I made myself and called it “Orange wonder”. It's not only very beautiful but it's also very tasty. It's nice to have tea with the cake when it's cool and rainy outside.
Galina Kompantseva, Russia
1 glass of hot water (250 gram)
1.5 tablespoons gelatin
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
250g thick sour cream
3 tablespoons milk
And 1 readymade (from a shop) flat dry shortbread or you can make it from
1 – 1.5 glasses flour
75 g butter
1/3 glass powdered (icing) sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (the skin of the lemon)
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
Making a flat dry shortbread:
1. Mix all ingredients and make soft pastry. Form a ball, wrap it up in plastic food wrap and put into the fridge for an hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
3. Put baker`s paper on the bottom of a round tin (about 26 centimeter in diameter). Roll the pastry and put it into the tin. Bake 15 minutes and then leave it to cool down.
1. Pour a glass of hot water into a bowl with the grated rind (skin) of 1 orange and leave to cool. Pass the cool liquid through a sieve and add gelatin. Leave for at least half an hour to swell.
2. Then add sugar, juice from lemon and put the bowl in a water bath. Stir till the gelatin dissolves. Leave to cool.
1. Whisk the thick sour cream, milk and sugar in a mixer. Peel one orange, cut it in to pieces and add to the cream. Stir. Pour in half of the cool jelly, stir again and put all mixture on the shortbread in the tin. Place into the fridge for about 10 minutes.
2. Peel another orange, slice it up, put on top of the cream then pour the rest of jelly on the surface. Place into the fridge for a while to set the jelly.
The colour for December is "multicoloured". Do you have any multicoloured photos? You can email us your multicoloured photos. You should also send us a few lines about your photo. Please note that you should only send us your own photos and we can't guarantee to publish all photos submitted.