Last updated at 15:20 BST, Thursday, 26 April 2012

Calendar 2012: Colours: May

The photo

Spain

I took this picture on 19 March 2012 in the Garden of Prince, in Aranjuez.
It represents spring is here, a small way where even the sound of wind cannot be heard.
This picture represents an explosion of colour at this moment in the year, and even, seeing them, bring back audible memories like “Spring” 1st concerto of the masterpiece “The Four Seasons” by Vivaldi.

Finally, it arrived the season of life, hope and love.

Natalia Kachmar, Spain

Your comments

Tell us what you think about this photo. Each month throughout 2012 we'll be focussing on a different colour. This month our colour is pink. What English idioms or phrases do you know that contain the word pink? You should be able to find some on our website. We'll publish our favourite comments and give you some "pink" idioms and phrases later this month.

The colour for June is bronze or brown. Do you have any bronze or brown photos? You can email us your bronze or brown photos. You should also send us a few lines about your photo. Please note that you should only send us your own photos and we can't guarantee to publish all photos submitted. The colour for July is silver or grey and for August is gold!

Comments

• 1. At 5:09pm on 01 May 2012, loretta wrote:

Does anyone remember AEROSMITH's song? a true declaration of love for this color and I agree!
      Pink is always linked to female gender like blue for male's one.
      I read some english expressions containing "pink":
      - to be in the pink:it means very good health or shape.
      - pink lady:someone likes alcohol too much!
      - to see pink elephants:it's possible when you're drunk!
      It's Spring and a lot of pink flowers are growing in gardens, fields
      terraces.
      It's May 1st: wishes to all workers!

• 2. At 7:01pm on 01 May 2012, clotilde wrote:

I do agree that spring is the season of love, hope and hapiness that´s why is my favourite season so colourful and bright.

• 3. At 7:25pm on 02 May 2012, lawaround wrote:

think pink: its a way to look the life positively and optimistically.

• 4. At 09:30am on 03 May 2012, Olga_Plaksina wrote:

It seems there are some tints of pink colour: hot pink, tickle me pink, baby pink, shocking pink:) even colour shades with georgraphic names are here: China pink, New York pink, Congo pink too:)

• 5. At 8:52pm on 03 May 2012, sonia durao wrote:

I loved this picture. When I saw it I thought it was a cherry tree from Japan. It's great to have cherry blossons in Spain and so beautiful.
      I remembered the song "La vie en rose", a beautiful song

• 6. At 3:23pm on 04 May 2012, Grasshopper wrote:

Lovely picture...I seem to smell the scent of flowers!
      Finally Spring is here, The nature is exploding, pink and so many others colours are around to us, It's a nature miracle which come back every year, It's wonderful.
      We try to don't stop this miracle, we respect the Nature.

• 7. At 08:43am on 06 May 2012, diepmylinh wrote:

For me, Pink is not necessarily the color of Spring but it is really one of love. Being in love, we always think about something beautiful and romantic like Pink color.

• 8. At 12:52pm on 07 May 2012, Zulfiya wrote:

Hello Everybody!!!
      Thanks for the picture,this picture reminds me how life is beautiful and that we need to value every moment,truly sometimes we don't mention beauty that surrounds us because we are so busy with everyday problems.

• 9. At 02:29am on 11 May 2012, yoyoi wrote:

• 10. At 8:22pm on 11 May 2012, jwan wrote:

in spring season i feel optimistic. in my country ,the most joyful thing is going to picnics with our families. i love spring season so much. however my favorite season is autumn

• 11. At 3:30pm on 12 May 2012, Rosy888 wrote:

Pink ,green and blue are my favorite colours.As we all know ,different color represents a different meaning.but,all of these three have some characteristics in common ,they all represent love and hope .i love them as much as i love my life.whenever i feel in the mood,they can give me some incentive and encouragement to move on towards the future.it not only can please our eyes,moreover,it can preserve a hope within our heart though there wil be more difficulties which beyond our imagination in the future.in essence,they are the bywords of being smile and active.

• 12. At 01:45am on 15 May 2012, Juliana Ugarelli wrote:

Beatiful picture. It shows calm and kindness. Here in Brazil we don't have all seasons like spring, autumn, summer and winter - we just have summer and winter. But we celebrate the seasons and we feel this spring atmosphere just follow you over the net. Thanks for sharing such Pink and energetic picture.

• 13. At 04:40am on 15 May 2012, BlackStarMx wrote:

I love the Spring.
      Because is time to colour, life and happiness.
      That pic is lovely!!

• 14. At 8:45pm on 16 May 2012, Tereza wrote:

Yes, the may is really connected with pink colour in my mind. Pink is connected with love, and the 1st of May, it is the feast of love in Czech republic. The man should kiss a woman under the cherry tree. The photo is very suitable for this month.

• 15. At 1:57pm on 19 May 2012, danymichele wrote:

Pink, i love this colour. It represents freshness, joy and serenity.
      Flashy colours make you feel better.

• 16. At 04:30am on 23 May 2012, Minhthu wrote:

wow..the picture is very beautiful. I love Spring

• 17. At 11:30am on 23 May 2012, ammuneem wrote:

Summer is my favorite season, In Mumbai, India ,you can see the trees with bright coloured summer/spring flowers welcoming the new lives and the happiness . we celebrate the summer festivals. In this season we worship the sun god for giving us everything..In southern states of India the summer festival is celebrated as their new year. In some places it is also known as the harvest festival . After the colourful summer/spring the monsoon rain will start its work to revive our rivers and lakes.. The awesome pink is also one of our summer colour. Mind blowing pink is kindling my nostalgic feelings... thanks for the lovely picture.

• 18. At 1:54pm on 25 May 2012, keti wrote:

It's said that May's color is pink, that's why I am going to describe my thoughts about it. First and foremost, spring comes to mind, as soon as I begin to try to associate something with this color.
      I always imagine that divine period of the year, when trees break out in blossom. All the trees are eye-popping at that time, but peach trees are the most eye-catching. Their delicate petals excel all others.
      However, I must confess that in my colored pencil box the pink pencil was longer than the others, because it was rarely used. Finally, I want to remind you of the idiom, "to look through rose-tinted glasses", which means to see only the pleasant side of something. This idiom is used in many countries. Is that because of its association with a nice rose or the blossoming peach? I don't really know. I suppose that it means that people consider pink to be a pleasant color.

• 19. At 6:25pm on 27 May 2012, Sandy wrote:

The picture is beautiful and remains me of spring. The spring is my favorite season. I like nature especially in spring. My favorite color is pink, because remains me of something beautiful and gives me energy to continue.

• 20. At 11:26pm on 30 May 2012, mateusjunquiera wrote:

I love all spring's colors, they represent the revival, the day begins more beautiful.

• 21. At 9:02pm on 10 Jun 2012, Lenka_Red wrote:

Dreaming about the sea, holiday and magic...

Download