Last updated at 14:59 BST, Friday, 28 October 2011

Calendar 2011: Me and my country now

The photo

France

I took in Pyrénées in October 2009. The atmosphere was very luminous. The sunbeams through the red leaves were beautiful.

Michèle T, France

Your comments

Tell us what you think about this photo. Have you got any photos of autumn in your country?

You can also email us your photos of autumn.

We'll publish our favourite comments and photos.

Please note that you should only send us your own photos and we can't guarantee to publish all photos submitted.

Comments

• 1. At 11:13pm on 01 Nov 2011, Darlan wrote:

This photo is amazing! The red leaves are really beautiful. My favorite season is autumn. In this season the temperature is very nice.
      Take care!
      From Brazil.

• 2. At 05:36am on 03 Nov 2011, mida wrote:

Amazing season,
      The sun glances really awesome....:)
      We are in rainy day now...
      from Indonesia

• 3. At 3:02pm on 03 Nov 2011, Claire wrote:

Autumn may be a cool season;however,red leaves make it look warm.

• 4. At 3:15pm on 03 Nov 2011, Virag75 wrote:

Wonderful photo! Nature can be amazing in every season.
      Have similar nice days!
      From Hungary

• 5. At 04:29am on 04 Nov 2011, nana wrote:

I love autumn ... I want to take a picture in the autumn mauntain

from korea

• 6. At 04:31am on 05 Nov 2011, sharmya wrote:

We have four seasons. I would like to say autumn is more beautiful than rest of them.The giving picture gives a pleasant beauty of nature. The sunbeams through the red leaves exquisite. i love autumn seasons forever .

• 7. At 5:06pm on 05 Nov 2011, pedroyleo wrote:

the photo is great but i think the autumn is a season dark, depressing and unhappy i prefer sprimg.

• 8. At 1:36pm on 06 Nov 2011, Vito wrote:

What a peaceful countryside!
      I love Autumn with its wonderful colours!

Vito

• 9. At 12:41pm on 07 Nov 2011, Muhammad waseem abbasi wrote:

Thank you BBC,red leaves were green and airy ,part of our amazing universe near to fall,not protesting against the nature I keep my lawn clean and broom all fallen red dry leaves. Once again they are ready to burn without any hesitation.They will be useful for making our soil fertile.this is natural phenomenon.The sun rays falling through the red leaves are making the picture beautiful.

• 10. At 10:54am on 08 Nov 2011, Afiz wrote:

Dear Michele,

I am Afiz from India. First of all I would like to thank you for a such amazing and beautiful photo. It would eye feast for people like me, because we in India never had a chance to see such senarios. Once again I would like to say thank you very much for you and BBC.

• 11. At 1:12pm on 12 Nov 2011, marinellli wrote:

I´m from Brazil. Beautiful photo and here in Brazil i think it´s the best season to work , to travel around the country , everything. I love autumn !!!!!!!!!!!

• 12. At 7:37pm on 14 Nov 2011, concesa wrote:

I like a lot Pirineos.I think they are a surprising mountains where you can find peace

• 13. At 11:48am on 01 Dec 2011, Choi wrote:

This photo is beautiful. Autumn is my favorite seoson, but, now, my country is getting cold, and all leaves are already fallen down. I miss all the beautiful autumn leaves.

Download