Last updated at 15:19 BST, Thursday, 11 August 2011

Calendar 2011: Me and my country now

The photo

An Italian wedding

I'm Luisa and I got married with Emilio 2 years ago!

Our meeting was an unexpected gift fallen from heaven! Since than every day looks like a dream!

We got married in Conegliano (50 Km from Venice): it's an old and small medioeval city with the ruins of its castle in a hilly landscape. It is important and known for its wine growing, above all for 'The Prosecco'. The city has the oldest Wine School of Italy.

About our special day?
Our wedding-day was planned after I dreamtabout it. First, we followed the instructions of my dream: ...walking along a medieval street with my bridesmaids and friends....wearing a beautiful red dress...sax music...a lovely poem read during the ceremony... wedding breakfast on our hills...
Second, we tried to plan everything in our simple and natural way of life: no stress for anything, not much money got spent (with the exception of my red dress!). We used part of our gift for a small child-project in Congo, prepared with a friend that is working since 20 years, she goes and comes back from Bondo and Conegliano frequently.
...we received a special handmade gift from Bondo-Congo, another beautiful handmade tablecloth from Burundi...a gift from Australia, another from Bolivia...
a special day with our friends!

Bye Bye
Luisa and Emilio, Italy

Your comments

Tell us what you think about this photo. Have you got any photos of your wedding?

You can also email us your photos of your wedding.

We'll publish our favourite comments and photos.

Please note that you should only send us your own photos and we can't guarantee to publish all photos submitted.

Comments

• 1. At 10:22pm on 11 Aug 2011, Dinah C Alsford wrote:

That looks idyllic - the things dreams are made of (literally). Congratulations to you both; I hope you'll always be very happy together!

• 2. At 00:12am on 12 Aug 2011, beatriz wrote:

Luisa and Emilio,

Congratulations! Very nice and romantic the wedding day style you´ve chosen.
      All the best for you! Beatriz. Argentina.

• 3. At 1:45pm on 12 Aug 2011, ALFONSO wrote:

Hi Luisa and Emilio,
      Congrats!
      Both are just beginning a long journey.Tolerance must be always in your mind to achieve your life together.
      Enjoy your honeymoon and the life!
      All the best,

Alfonso

• 4. At 10:23pm on 12 Aug 2011, Enchantress wrote:

I think that this day for you was reallt special and I hope that you will have really nice family with big love forever! I also hope, that very soon my dreams will become true as yours did!

• 5. At 1:15pm on 13 Aug 2011, Awad Ali Mohammmed wrote:

This is a nice wedding I have ever hear about...
      Congratulations..italiano

• 6. At 05:37am on 15 Aug 2011, phuocloc23 wrote:

congratulations to you. i wanna have a wedding like yours. it is so amazing and romantic

• 7. At 12:16pm on 15 Aug 2011, Andrew wrote:

Luisa and Emilio,

Congrat :) I hope you two will have happy life together.

Also, I believe what you had done for your wedding, such as helping Africa, was so nice deed indeed!

Regards,

Andrew, South Korea.

• 8. At 6:31pm on 15 Aug 2011, Smokva wrote:

It is very nice to me that you follow your dreams. I want to do everything in my life like that to follow my dreams as more as it possible... There is one sentence that says stop dreaming your life and begin to live your dreams...

• 9. At 08:58am on 18 Aug 2011, Ngoc tran wrote:

Dear both.
      congratulation for your love.that was a romantic wedding.
      at the end this year I'll get married. I'm arranging for everything and so excited for this event.in my country have a lot ceremonial happening. I hope everything are OK.
      congratulation and wish you two have happy life together.

• 10. At 8:04pm on 21 Aug 2011, vincent_from_brussels wrote:

Dear Luisa and Emilio,

Your wedding-day was certainly a great moment. The weather was shinny and the city seems very interesting.

The dress is romantic and original. The red is one of my favourite colour (with the blue), it could mean the passion and the life.

I think it’s a beautiful photography.

I wish you happy days !