Last updated at 15:47 BST, Wednesday, 04 May 2011

Calendar 2011: Me and my country now

The photo

Beach at Bahia, Brazil
This photo is from a city called Porto Seguro, Bahia, that's located on the north-east of Brazil. It was taken when I walked in a fresh breeze. This house is a typical one from this part of the country, where the roof is made of thatch!

Patrícia Costa

Your comments

Tell us what you think about this photo. Have you taken any photos of typical or traditional houses in your country?

You can also email us your photos of houses.

We'll publish our favourite comments and photos.

Please note that you should only send us your own photos and we can't guarantee to publish all photos submitted.

Comments

• 1. At 8:24pm on 04 May 2011, mivscn wrote:

I think , Everbody who live on the world, must have likes this small house , so All the people could have a house at least

• 2. At 12:52pm on 05 May 2011, hind wrote:

What a beutifull photo! I hope to spend a day in this place

• 3. At 3:29pm on 05 May 2011, Tavora wrote:

- First of all, It´s a beautiful place. All the northeast Brazilian coast is wonderful. The ocean wather is very clear and blue. The landscape is very, very amazing and people who live there are very friendly.

• 4. At 05:38am on 06 May 2011, matthuytinh47 wrote:

nice n peaceful place! thks

• 5. At 05:45am on 06 May 2011, matthuytinh47 wrote:

peacful place! thks

• 6. At 7:14pm on 07 May 2011, halina0208 wrote:

This is a beautifull place, I would like there spend my 14 days holiday. I have never been so far abroad.

• 7. At 03:50am on 08 May 2011, Yusheng wrote:

Thatched roof.
      Really cool, I mean, this kind of roof surely well cools down the house in hot days.

• 8. At 04:03am on 08 May 2011, anna_nguyen wrote:

Maybe people here have a difficult life trying to survive. However, it seems to be a peaceful place also :) [Statements which might cause offence have been removed by a Moderator]

• 9. At 3:31pm on 08 May 2011, Tereza wrote:

It looks beautiful! It would be nice to spend holiday at this place. However, the everyday life is probably quite hard there.

• 10. At 4:03pm on 08 May 2011, Thanh Huệ wrote:

Looking at the picture, I see clear sky, sunshine, sand, coconut tree, cottage, ect, familiar images. It really makes me feel peaceful, pleasant, a little closely and especially brings back my childhood memories. Thanks a lot !

• 11. At 9:49pm on 08 May 2011, fatih22 wrote:

What a beatiful place, i wish i spend my time to drink a coconut juice when i lie down on the chaise longue and on my and sticking my feets into the sand...But i think that living there has difficulties as well as it's charm..

• 12. At 10:11pm on 09 May 2011, beatriz wrote:

Beautiful photo and beautiful country Brazil! I haven´t been there so far, but many Argentinians choose Brazilian beaches for their holidays and we know that all the territory (beaches, cities, villigies) are very attractive and picturesque. Porto Seguro is very famous among us. Beatriz.

• 13. At 9:56pm on 12 May 2011, Caroarg wrote:

I'm from Argentina. I've been there and I can't say how peaceful it is.. At night you only listen to the sound of the sea.. just wonderful

• 14. At 04:43am on 13 May 2011, sella wrote:

I love it. I love the place which is peaceful like that. I love blue sky with sunshine, the white sand, coconut and the house with the roof is made of the thatch. All of them are very great! I hope that some day I can land on this place. thanks!

• 15. At 4:50pm on 13 May 2011, Cassio Silva wrote:

Well, I'm from São Paulo, Brazil, and I know this house where the roof is made of thatch. There are many ones in Bahia, not in Bahia only, but all around the North-east of Brazil. Anyway, you've taken a wonderful photo, Patrícia! Congratulations on you for the good work!
      You know, this kind of thatched roof can be found everywhere in Porto Seguro, Bahia. Here in São Paulo, we haven't got anything like that, because the beaches we've got aren't the same as in Bahia. I mean, there are no houses made of thatched roofs. I might be wrong, but I have never seen some before in São Paulo! =]

• 16. At 3:57pm on 14 Jun 2011, Soler wrote:

Wonderful place.Sun,beach and sea - what else human need for happiness. Oh I forgot - It will be perfect be there with your favorite person. Paradise!

Download