The Big Day
In the seventh and final part of our special series leading up to the royal wedding, we're talking about the big day itself!
Section One: William and Kate
Listen to this news report about plans for William and Kate's wedding, presented by the BBC's royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell. See if you can answer these questions:
1. Why does Westminster Abbey suit William and Kate?
2. How will they get to Buckingham Palace after their wedding?
Listen to William and Kate
The answers are at the bottom of the page. You can also download a transcript of the interview on the right-hand side.
Section Two: David and Jennifer
Now listen to BBC Learning English's Yang Li interview David and Jennifer. After you've listened, try answering these questions:
3. Why have Jennifer and David decided to hold their wedding ceremony on a farm?
4. What do the couple want each of their guests to bring to the ceremony?
Listen to David and Jennifer
Answers to the questions
- 1．Why does Westminster Abbey suit William and Kate ?
Because although it is grand and has been connected with royalty for a thousand years, once you get to the high altar, it's a surprisingly small and intimate area.
- 2. How will they get to Buckingham Palace after their wedding?
They will travel in a horse-drawn carriage.
- 3. Why have Jennifer and David decided to hold their wedding ceremony on a farm?
They wanted to get married outside rather than inside a building.
- 4. What do the couple want each of their guests to bring to the ceremony?
A firework, so they can hold a fireworks display in the evening.