Planning for the future
In this sixth episode of our special series leading up to the royal wedding, our two couples discuss planning for the future.
Section One: William and Kate
Listen to this interview with Prince William and Kate Middleton, and see if you can answer these questions:
1．Why does William say he waited so long to get married?
2. Is Kate keen to learn the ropes?
Listen to William and Kate
The answers are at the bottom of the page. You can also download a transcript of the interview on the right-hand side.
Section Two: David and Jennifer
Now listen to BBC Learning English's Yang Li interview David and Jennifer. When you've listened, try answering these questions:
3. What does David say he hopes will play a part in their marriage?
4. What does Jennifer think will be a symbolic part of her marriage to David?
Listen to David and Jennifer
Answers to the questions
- 1．Why does William say he waited so long to get married?
He wanted to make sure that Kate and her family had the best guidance and a chance to see what life is like in the royal family.
- 2. What does Kate say to show that she is keen to learn the ropes?
She says she is willing to learn quickly and work hard.
- 3. What does David say he hopes will play a part in his marriage to Jennifer?
He hopes they will have children.
- 4. What does Jennifer say is symbolic of her marriage to David?
She thinks that changing her name will be an important symbol of her marriage.
Next week: Two weddings