In this new series, we follow the love stories of two couples. The first couple is Prince William and Kate Middleton, who will be married in April. The second couple is less well-known but their story is just as interesting!
In this first episode we hear about Kate's first impressions of Prince William and find out how our two couples started their relationships in a similar way.
Section One: William and Kate
Listen to this interview with Prince William and Kate Middleton, and see if you can anwer these questions.
1. How long were William and Kate friends before they became a couple?
2. Which event, at the start of Kate's time at university, was William not there for?
Listen to William and Kate
The answers are at the bottom of the page. You can also download a transcript of the interview on the right-hand side.
Section Two: David and Jennifer
Now listen to BBC Learning English's Yang Li interview David and Jennifer, who are also engaged to be married. When you've listened, try answering these questions.
3. How did David and Jennifer first meet?
4. What - according to Jennifer - helped their relationship develop before they became a couple?
Listen to David and Jennifer
Answers to the questions
- 1. How long were William and Kate friends before they became a couple?
Over a year.
- 2. Which event, at the start of Kate's time at university, was William not there for?
Freshers' week (a special week of social events for new university students).
- 3. How did David and Jennifer first meet?
David interviewed Jennifer for a job at his office.
- 4. What - according to Jennifer - particularly helped the relationship between her and David to develop?
Next week: First dates