Last updated at 14:01 BST, Tuesday, 03 May 2011

Calendar 2011: Me and my country now

The photo

Clouds of smoke overhead a snowy landscape in winter in Poland

There was a beautiful morning during our short winter holiday in the most charming place I know. It's name is Radocyna - the forsaken country in the south of Poland where only a few people live and where cellphones are useless. I went for a short walk before breakfast.

Luckily I had got my camera with me so I could to stop this beautiful view. There was nobody I could inquire about these fumes. I guess it was a charcoal burning. We can wonder what that was for. Maybe they produced charcoal for cooking in their kitchens, for us to barbecueing, for purifications liquids, or for artist to sketching. Regardless of what was the answer the fumes wonderfully compose themselves in this winter landscape. Aren't they?

Best regards
Marek Mieszkowski, Poland

Your comments

Tell us what you think about this photo. Have you taken any photos early in the morning in your country?

You can also email us your photos of your early morning scenes.

We'll publish our favourite comments and photos.

Please note that you should only send us your own photos and we can't guarantee to publish all photos submitted.

Comments

• 1. At 7:27pm on 01 Mar 2011, Ewa wrote:

Yes, they are ! Especially that is in Poland in my district Małpolskie.
      Greetings Ewa

• 2. At 12:18pm on 02 Mar 2011, Jaqui wrote:

Hi, I like so much this photo. I like the mix between snow, fumes, sunben, tree, dirty houses and river. Whe I saw it I felt peace. I could think over for you that short walk was graeat.
      Best regards.
      Jaqui.

• 3. At 12:56pm on 02 Mar 2011, noirbee wrote:

This photo is imaginarily beautiful. I haven't seen such photo as a March picture but it seems to be appropriate one for March the more I see it. The trees are waiting to sprout, the sun is casting a bright beam over frozen snow and subtle flow of fresh water.

Thank you for your beautiful photo, I love this.

Noirbee

• 4. At 05:17am on 03 Mar 2011, XinHe wrote:

Really wonderful, like a oil painting. I like it very much and save it as my computer desk. hehe.

• 5. At 12:43pm on 03 Mar 2011, rlamithkumara wrote:

This picture is most beautiful. I like this one and I choose it as my wall paper.

• 6. At 12:44pm on 03 Mar 2011, rlamithkumara wrote:

• 7. At 10:08am on 04 Mar 2011, Luisa wrote:

Although I prefer the blue sky I like very much this photo and how the light reflects on the ice

• 8. At 12:54pm on 05 Mar 2011, Anwar wrote:

First of all thank you very much for captured a magnificent moment of nature. It is really awesome landscape indeed. You might be know that a picture has a thousand words. So, I have nothing to say about that picture. In one word, excellent work!
      Thanks again and keep it up.
      Anwar from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

• 9. At 3:33pm on 05 Mar 2011, PedroCubero wrote:

Yes, they are. Thanks from Spain for your photo and your text.

• 10. At 6:08pm on 05 Mar 2011, Tereza wrote:

Hi Marek,
      the photo is beautiful but I wouldn't like to breathe the smoke...
      Tereza

• 11. At 8:49pm on 06 Mar 2011, Margarita Lucia wrote:

Hello,

It's a beautiful landscape . It's a surprise for me as seen the spring almost near through picture, This is cute and relaxing. The Snow gives the appearence the romanticism .Well , In my City the weather is tropical which in this month the flowers is the most beautiful . It has cool wind and the city is party. I mean , The Carnival of Barranquilla coming soon I'll write about It and Sharing images with Us!.
      Greetings,

Margarita Lucia

• 12. At 08:42am on 07 Mar 2011, Farida Arum wrote:

That's a nice landscape... since I've never had the snow in Indonesia... It seems a very calm, and yet mysterious place ;-)
      great shot...!!

• 13. At 08:58am on 07 Mar 2011, brian wrote:

I like it, and feel this picture charming

• 14. At 10:49pm on 08 Mar 2011, suami wrote:

It's good place to visit or see in a postal. good picture.

• 15. At 07:31am on 10 Mar 2011, Parthiban wrote:

Really amazing photo your not stop in to your camera. Aren't stop everyone sight

• 16. At 4:54pm on 11 Mar 2011, aldo rene wrote:

breathtaking picture I sat it up on my screen compute and every morning fuel me. Congratulations

• 17. At 7:57pm on 12 Mar 2011, jennifer54 wrote:

The photo is wonderful although it makes me feel the anguish to live in such
      disconfortable surroundings.

• 18. At 10:29am on 14 Mar 2011, sharonlam wrote:

That's wonderful scenery, I am longing for quiet rural life like this, but I might need some times to get use to it.

• 19. At 7:24pm on 14 Mar 2011, volypat wrote:

it is so beautiful!

• 20. At 7:33pm on 14 Mar 2011, pablo wrote:

It's a beauty landscape. But this place must be very cold for someone who lives in a tropical contry like Brazil more precisely in Sao Paulo. Who knows I step out there, Marek and I feel the sensation. God bless you all!!!

• 21. At 4:57pm on 05 Apr 2011, Bemi wrote:

Just like Mongolia,nice picture.My step-father from Poland.He always say that come to Poland and see beautiful places.I will definetily go to Poland next summer.

Download