Section one: relationship status
Look at the relationship status updates below. Can you tell whether these people have boyfriends, girlfriends or are married?
- Who is going to get married?
- Who has a very informal, relaxed relationship?
- Who is in a serious relationship?
- Who has a boyfriend / girlfriend?
- Who isn't in a relationship?
Section two: a text message exchange
Click on the buttons below to read an SMS exchange. Then answer the questions underneath.
Questions about the conversation
- What is Sarah's relationship to Brian?
He used to be her boyfriend or husband.
- Does Mark want Sarah to have fun with Brian?
No. That's what he writes, but he doesn't mean it.
- What phrase means, 'We have talked about this before and we don't need to discuss it again'?
'We've been over this.'
- Look at the words used in the conversation. What are some affectionate names for a boyfriend or girlfriend?
babe, darling, sweetheart, honey