Last updated at 14:05 BST, Friday, 20 August 2010

Courgettes with peas

Rayna Parashkevova

This recipe was sent in by Rayna Parashkevova from Bulgaria

I am from Bulgaria. I want to send you a recipe. It is not traditional dish for my country. I thought up this recipe a month ago. It's tasty and easy.

Rayna Parashkevova

Courgettes with peas

The finished dish

Ingredients

• 5 courgettes
  • 150g blanched peas
  • 1 medium sized carrot (grated)
  • 1-2 onions (finely chopped)
  • 2 spoonfuls of olive oil
  • some dill (chopped)
  • black pepper
  • salt

Instructions

1. Cut the courgettes lengthwise and scoop out the most of the flesh. The courgettes will now look like boats.
  2. Chop the flesh up and leave to one side.
  3. Salt the "boats".

For the stuffing

1. Heat a spoonful of oil in a saucepan and add the finely chopped onions and the grated carrot.
  2. After a few minutes add the chopped up courgette flesh.
  3. Add the peas, salt, black pepper and the dill and mix together.
  4. Fill the "boats" with stuffing,
  5. Put the stuffed boats into the oven and bake at 180-200 degrees for 20-30 min.
  6. If you want - sprinkle with yellow-cheese 10 minutes before they are ready.

You may eat this dish with yoghurt: bon appetit!

Your comments

What do you think of this recipe? Have you tried it?

Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.

Comments

• 1. At 04:42am on 24 Aug 2010, luv4erth wrote:

What are courgettes? Cucumbers?

• 2. At 04:43am on 24 Aug 2010, luv4erth wrote:

• 3. At 3:27pm on 24 Aug 2010, cris wrote:

Courgetters and Cucumbers aren't the same thing, they are two different vegetables...

• 4. At 8:05pm on 24 Aug 2010, Alynna wrote:

courgettes are dovlecei if u speak Romanian language

• 5. At 04:12am on 26 Aug 2010, devotay wrote:

True conversation with my Japanese friend (I am American):

JF: We need some courgettes.

Me: What are courgettes?

JF: In Japanese, we say "zucchini".

Me: That's what we say in English, too.

...Apparently British people use the French word and Americans use the Italian one.

• 6. At 04:13am on 26 Aug 2010, devotay wrote:

• 7. At 04:13am on 26 Aug 2010, devotay wrote:

• 8. At 04:14am on 26 Aug 2010, devotay wrote:

• 9. At 05:10am on 26 Aug 2010, nathan_zhang wrote:

is the courgette just a container?

• 10. At 3:21pm on 28 Aug 2010, Zenger wrote:

The courgette is delicious,but i think this dise is more insipidity~

• 11. At 10:31pm on 28 Aug 2010, Reinis wrote:

It's realy testy and healthy.
      I like it much!
      Some times I use to put some piece of cheese over:)

• 12. At 05:09am on 31 Aug 2010, Lorena wrote:

This recipe it sounds great. I'm going to tried it this weekend. Thanks.

• 13. At 07:31am on 31 Aug 2010, zaw wrote:

I'll obviously try it once, in fact it's very healthy food.

• 14. At 06:54am on 03 Sep 2010, jonnyf58 wrote:

hi, your recipe is very good, what I do is, I put one or two spoonful of sour cream into the stuffing and put grated cheese (gouda or mozzarella) and chopped nuts on the top.

Please can I give a comment to Sweet Ricotta Cheese Gnocchi. It's very important. Thanks
      The recipe is very good and I'm pleased you love "Topfennockerl", there is only one flaw.
      I'm from Austria and we would say to Gnocchi "Nockerl" not "Knödel". Very important "Knödel" are round like a ball and all sort of Knödel (sour or sweet) taste delicious for me.

Downloads