I am Shimja Lukman, an Indian currently living in Sweden. This is a sweet dish which I love to cook for my husband. This is very easy to prepare and it takes only less than 20 minutes.
- Grated carrot - 1 cup
- Boiled milk - 1 cup
- Ghee - 3 teaspoons*
- Sugar - 1/2 cup (you can add more or less depending on your taste)
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Fried cashew nuts and raisins for decoration
*Ghee is made from milk. It is a class of clarified butter which is commonly used in South Asia. I think it is available in markets all over the world. If not, you can use butter or oil instead.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the grated carrots to it.
- Sauté for, about 3-4 minutes until the carrot slightly changes colour.
- Add the boiled milk.
- Add the cardamom powder.
- When most of the milk has evaporated, add the sugar and cook again for 3-4 minutes (you should stir the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking).
- The carrot halwa is ready. Decorate it with the nuts and raisins and serve hot.
Please note that we are not able to publish all comments and comments may be edited.