The following salad is perfect for the Christmas table. Once you have eaten it is good to sit down and wait for Santa to come!
- Approximately 350g mushrooms (either fresh or salted)*
- 1-2 onions, finely chopped
- 1.5dl (.15 of a litre) Smetana, crème fraîche or cream
- Salt and pepper
*If you have collected the mushrooms yourself and stored them with in salt, soak the salted mushrooms overnight in plenty of cold water to get rid of the excess salt. Change the water every now and then. Be careful not to remove all of the salt, so keep tasting the mushrooms every now and then while soaking, until the taste is suitable. Drain the mushrooms carefully, squeezing them as dry as possible.
- Cut the mushrooms into small pieces. If using fresh mushrooms, clean them before cutting them into small pieces and briefly cook them in boiling water (about 5 minutes). Drain and squeeze them dry.
- Mix the mushrooms, the chopped onion and some smetana to get a potato salad-like consistency and season with pepper.
- Add salt when using fresh champignons. Cover the salad and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What do you think of this recipe? Have you tried it?
Send in your comments and we'll put our favourites on this page.
This topic has now closed. Thanks for all your comments.