We are a group of Italian students attending an English course. We would show you a typical dish of our marvellous land: Puglia! This recipe has very old traditions and our grandmothers still make home made orecchiette (ear shaped pasta).
A group of Italian students
(for 4 people)
- 300 g orecchiette (pasta)
- 1 kg turnip
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 g pugliese extra virgin olive oil
- 2 salted fillets of anchovies
- bread crumbs
- chilli to taste
- Select the tender leaves and the tops of the turnips.
- Clean, wash and dry the turnips.
- Heat the oil and lightly fry the garlic in a large pan, add 2 salted fillets of anchovies.
- Put a little oil in another pan and fry the bread crumbs until golden brown.
- Boil the turnip tops and leaves in salted water for 10 minutes. Then add orecchiette and boil them altogether for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain orecchiette and turnips.
- Mix pasta, turnips and sautéed anchovies.
- Serve it with the toasted bread and chilli on the top.
What do you think of this recipe? Have you tried it?
Send in your comments and we'll put our favourites on this page.
This topic has now closed. Thanks for all your comments.