I live in Carmagnola. My town is known for peppers production (there is also a festival in September). There are many recipes with these vegetables, among which the most popular is the "Peperonata".
- 800g peppers red, yellow and green
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 fillets of anchovy in oil
- 300g ripe tomatoes
- 3 spoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 or 5 leaves of basil
- Clean, wash and dry the peppers.
- Remove the seeds and chop the peppers up.
- Put the oil and the garlic in a large pan, add the peppers and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, fillets of anchovy, leaves of basil and a pinch of salt.
- Put the lid on the pan and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take the lid off and cook for 10 more minutes. It’s ready!
Usually the peperonata is served with grilled sausages.
What do you think of this recipe? Have you tried it?
Send in your comments and we'll put our favourites on this page.
This topic has now closed. Thanks for all your comments.