Fiirni is light rice pudding from Iran, perfect for any season, but especially nice during the winter months! It is great with tea or on its own! This recipe serves 6 people.
- ½ pint of milk (1 whole glass)
- 50-100g of rice flour
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- Cinnamon (To garnish)
- First pour ½ pint of cold milk into a saucepan
- Then pour two whole cups of rice flour in and stir until it is dissolved
- When the mixture looks fully dissolved, turn the hob on
- Stir regularly over a medium heat until the fiirni starts to thicken
- Then add 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar and keep on stirring!
- Once thickened, serve up into individual serving bowls and allow to cool for an hour
- Garnish the fiirni with cinnamon
What do you think of this recipe? Have you tried it?
Send in your comments and we'll put our favourites on this page.
This topic has now closed. Thanks for all your comments.