This is a typical Italian cake. It is enough for 6.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 300g Mascarpone cheese
- 200g Savoiardi biscuits (or sponge cake pieces)
- 3 cups of coffee
- Cocoa powder
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Whip up the egg whites with Â˝ a tablespoon of sugar. The egg whites should form soft peaks.
- Separately whip up the yolks with the remaining sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Put the cheese into the whipped yolks.
- Add the egg whites and mix carefully with a palette knife.
- Soak the biscuits (or sponge) in the coffee.
- Put a layer of them in to a dish or mould and pour half the cheese cream over it.
- Cover with another layer of biscuits or sponge and finish the cake with another layer of cream.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on the cakeâ€™s surface and put it into the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
What do you think of this recipe? Have you tried it?
Send in your comments and we'll put our favourites on this page.
This topic has now closed. Thanks for all your comments.