I would like to introduce a food of South Korea
- 400g lean beef lean cut into strips for stir-frying
- Â˝ an onion
- Â˝ a red pepper
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 2 bunches of spring onions (if you donâ€™t want to use fresh vegetables, you can use 150g of frozen vegetables (sweetcorn, carrots, peas etc.)
- 2 little gem lettuces
- A little oil
For the marinade
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- a heaped teaspoon ground white pepper
- a heaped teaspoon garlic powder
- Â˝ a kiwi
- To make your marinade, put all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Using a knife, score the strips of beef about 0.2cm deep on both sides.
- Put the beef into the marinade sauce bowl and rub the marinade all over the beef, then cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Finely chop onion, pepper, spring onion and garlic (or any other vegetables you like.)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot and stir-fry the beef until brown.
- Add the vegetables and keep stir-frying until cooked.
- Put the mixture on a leaf of little gem lettuce and serve.
What do you think of this recipe? Have you tried it?
Send in your comments and we'll put our favourites on this page.
This topic has now closed. Thanks for all your comments.