I am from Barcelona. I have sent you a traditional recipe from Catalonia. It is easy, tasty and really appropriate to eat in the summer because it is cold and healthy.
- 3 red peppers
- 3 aubergines
- 2 small onions
- 1 jar of anchovies
- 1 tin or jar of black olives without stones (optional)
- Olive oil
- A loaf of rustic bread
- Clean the peppers and aubergines and peel the onion.
- Put the vegetables (peppers, aubergines and onions) on a baking tray and put it into a pre-heated oven.
- When the ingredients are soft and toasted on the outside, take them out (normally after an hour).
- Put to the side to cool. Peel the vegetables and slice them length ways. Be sure to remove the seeds from the peppers.
- Toast a few slices of the rustic bread.
- Put the slices of bread on a dish. Place a couple of slices of each vegetable on the toast. Don't forget the anchovies (and, if you want, black olives).
- Drizzle some olive oil on top and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Eat and enjoy!
What do you think of this recipe? Have you tried it?
Send in your comments and we'll put our favourites on this page.
This topic has now closed. Thanks for all your comments.