This is a quick stir-fry dish, healthy, delicious and economical
- 1 large potato (or 2 medium)
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic (or spring onions if you prefer)
- ½ a red chilli
- Peel, wash, slice the potato Then shred the slices as finely and delicately as possible.
- Put the potato in to a colander (or sieve) and rinse in cold water to wash away the starch.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice into a bowl.
- Mix the lemon juice with some salt and sugar, to your taste
- Chop the red chilli into small slices
- Chop the garlic (or spring onions) into fine pieces
- Heat the frying pan and put in some cooking oil to heat for 1 minute till it gets very hot
- Add the chilli and garlic in to stir for 10 seconds
- Add the potato in and stir for 2 minutes
- add the lemon juice already mixed with salt and sugar and stir for 5 seconds
- The dish is ready.
Serve hot or cold
What do you think of this recipe? Have you tried it?
Send in your comments and we'll put our favourites on this page.
This topic has now closed. Thanks for all your comments.