John and Fiona are in an Indian restaurant in Brick Lane. They are looking at the menu and discussing what they want to order.
Instructions for exercise
Listen to the dialogue by pressing the play button below (). When you have heard it, drag the sentences into the white boxes in the correct order. Use the language tips at the bottom of the page to help you.
- a mild curry dish made with coconut tikka
- meat that is marinated and roasted in the oven poppadom
- thin crisp bread, fried in hot oil bhaji
- floured vegetables fried in oil saag aloo
- a dish made of spinach and potato side dishes
- smaller portions you order to go with your main meal plain rice
- white rice pilau rice
- spiced rice often with vegetables, fish or meat added nan bread
- a large flat bread house wine
- usually, one of the cheapest wines on the menu