- taxi driver road works
- repairs to the roads minicab
- a type of taxi, different from a black cab, usually cheaper delay
- something which makes your journey longer fare
- the money you pay for transport guaranteed
- you are sure of something double-decker bus
- a bus with 2 levels it is not allowed
- you must not do it discount
- a reduction in price
Language tips - grammar
When we have 2 things to compare
The Tube is quicker than the Airbus - quick is a short adjective (adjective + er + than). The Airbus is more expensive than the Tube - expensive is a long adjective (more + adjective + than). The Tube is not as quick as the Heathrow Express (not as + adjective + as). This is the same as saying 'The Heathrow Express is quicker than the Tube'.
When we have 3 things to compare
The Tube is the cheapest (the + adjective + est). Remember, cheap is a short adjective. A taxi is the most expensive (the + most + adjective). Remember, expensive is a long adjective.