1: Choosing transport from Heathrow into town
After they collect their luggage, John and Fiona think about the best way to get into
the centre of London. They know a taxi will be too expensive, but they can't agree on the best form of transport.
Instructions for exercise
Listen to the dialogue by pressing the play button below (). When you have heard it, drag the sentences into the white boxes in the correct order. Use the language tips at the bottom of the page to help you.
- the popular name for the underground train system (Metro System) the Underground
- another name for the Tube a coach
- comfortable bus usually used on longer journeys get stuck in a traffic jam
- you can't go anywhere because there are too many cars convenient
- easy to use rush hour
- the busy time in the morning and afternoon when everyone travels to and from work
Language tips - grammar
More convenient and quicker. Long adjectives like convenient use more to make them comparative, but short adjectives like quick use er to make them comparative.