Use one of the words or phrases below to complete each of these sentences from BBC news reports.
Note that you may have to change the form of a word to complete the sentence correctly.
to keep in touch / out-of-hours / on duty / to tackle / laying down
1. Governor Alckmin announced on Tuesday that 390 extra policemen will join some 3,500 officers already ______. Almost 300 extra patrol vehicles will also be deployed in the streets of Sao Paulo.
2. If countries like Yemen are __________ their water shortages they will need more skill in politics than in cloud-seeding.
3. If you prefer _______ via social media for more on-the-ground, unofficial coverage, there is no shortage of people covering and following proceedings on Twitter.
4. "We are in the process of building safeguards against any misuse of this data. Nadra is run by a board of directors who are answerable to parliamentary standing committees. But we understand that this is not enough, so we are now drafting a piece of legislation _______ a set of legal safeguards."
5. Systems for picking up patterns of unusual symptoms have been expanded to include a wider range of NHS sources, including _______ and hospital emergency departments.