We meet a ballet dancing grandfather of 11 who has had his stage debut at a surprisingly respectable age!
This week's question:
How old do you think he was at the time?
Listen to the programme
Dancing into old age
a) nearly 70
b) almost 80
c) close to 90
Listen out for the correct answer in the programme!
Vocabulary from the programme
- to grow old gracefully
- a commonly used expression meaning to become more tolerant, accepting and patient about your age
- the ballet bug really took hold of him
- he became very passionate about learning and practising ballet dancing
- tap dancing / tap
- a type of dance in which you mark the rhythm by the noise of your dancing shoes on the floor
- ever since
- a very common way of saying that something that is continuing even now was started by a certain event, or situation in the past
- to let yourself go
- to allow yourself to become less attractive or healthy
End of Section