Being able to tell a story is a useful tool because let's face it, everyone loves to hear a good story! This week, William Kremer joins Yvonne Archer as she talks to the writer of an award-winning series of stories and finds out what she writes about and why.
This week's question: What's the world record for the most number of kisses ever given in one minute?
Listen to the programme
Story at the ready?
You'll hear the answer to the question at the end of the programme!
Vocabulary from the programme
- hardy beings
- people who are strong and tough and can survive difficult experiences and circumstances
- the strength and ability to get better after unpleasant experiences without being easily hurt or damaged
- to cope
- to manage, to deal with a problem successfully
- to resort to
- to turn to something as a solution to a problem when other ways seem impossible
- a view or opinion that's formed
- arrived by plane
- a feeling that something is special and important
- persuaded, became sure
End of Section