Last updated at 15:08 GMT, Monday, 30 January 2012

Express English: Coffee or tea?

Every week we ask you a different question. Hear what people in London say, then join the conversation!

What is best: coffee or tea?

Join the conversation. What is best: coffee or tea? Use the form below to let us know.

The Express English team

This is what some people in London told us:

Many people in the city seem to be partial to a cup of tea rather than coffee. Some are concerned with the high caffeine content of coffee.

They state their preference by describing themselves as "a tea person" or "a coffee person".

Did you know?

Fact

According to the UK Tea Council, it was the marriage of Charles II to Catherine of Braganza that established tea as a fashionable beverage, first at court in Britain and then among the wealthy classes as a whole. She was a Portuguese princess, and a tea addict.

Language tip

"Wake up and smell the coffee" is an idiom you can use when you want to tell someone to pay attention and do something about a particular serious situation.

Cultural tip

In Britain, 98% of people take their tea with milk, but only 30% take sugar in tea, says the UK Tea Council.

End of Section

Now tell us what you think

What do you like best: coffee or tea?

Comments are now closed.

Comments

• 50. At 09:43am on 01 Feb 2012, ScitecDani wrote:

This is a good question. When I was teen I used to drink much coffe or capuccino.
    But things have changed in my life. I do lots of sport every day and I prefer healthier food and drink in my diet. So I had to give up drinking coffe when I started this lifestyle.

• 51. At 10:12am on 01 Feb 2012, JOSÉ DARÍO COTO MORA wrote:

Coffee, is the best beverage all over the world, I drink 6 cups (of 8 oz) each day, black or with milk. It is said that "coffe is drunk in heaven during feast days" Tea is nothing to do to coffee.

• 52. At 1:53pm on 01 Feb 2012, nibosoft wrote:

I'm not a tea person neither a coffee person. I think the the main reason people use this drinks is the socialization. I think the best drink in the world is water.

• 53. At 2:21pm on 01 Feb 2012, Charlie Lin wrote:

I like tea more than coffee. I have fast heartbeat while I drink a cup of coffee, it may contributes to the high caffeine content in cafe. Besides,I can't drink the coffee with milk adjunction. I am a Lactose intolerance person. Tea is a good choice for me to beat the sleepiness, especially immersed in boring and trivial work. I love tea!

• 54. At 2:50pm on 01 Feb 2012, Trung88vn wrote:

I like tea more than coffee because in my country,if you want a cup of coffee,you have to spend ten thousands VND. But the one of tea has only cost one thousand VND. :D

• 55. At 3:59pm on 01 Feb 2012, hedy wrote:

I like coffee and tea. My perfessor always drinks a cup of black cofee everyday. The habit effected me until I was twenty-five years old. I was addictted to coffee but coffee effect my sleep.
    New, I drink tea everyday.

• 56. At 5:57pm on 01 Feb 2012, mariel wrote:

I'm a tea-coffee person. In the morning I drink coffee. It's really useful: makes you awake!
    However, after lunch during the afternoon, I only drink tea while I'm studing or just watching TV.

• 57. At 6:40pm on 01 Feb 2012, KurtBay wrote:

I recommend you Bosnia Coffe it is the most tasty coffe that I've ever drunk

• 58. At 8:55pm on 01 Feb 2012, Evelyn Dantas wrote:

Well, I used to hate cofee. But lately I´ve been drinking it a lot just for trying to be awake at night to study. But I love cofee with milk! It´s so delicious! i like tea but I don´t use to drink it frequently.

• 59. At 10:03pm on 01 Feb 2012, patbf wrote:

I love both, coffee and tea. I usually start my day with a good mug of arabica coffee, no much strong. In fact, I adore the smeel of coffee in the early morning. It makes me feel happy and remenbering my chidhood when my mammy or my father use to make coffee for the breakfast for us, their children.
    However, tea is one of my favorites drinks. I love different types of tea, green, white, red, english... hot or cold. I use to drink tea everyday, mainly in the nigth. It´s works to me as ritual the end of the day.
    After that, you can think how do I get to deal withto the caffeine that can contain both beveranges? It is easy to me because ," I pratically I was born drinking this types of beverages. But I have to say one thing with all my respect for the british people: tea with milk is not make for me.

• 60. At 10:16pm on 01 Feb 2012, Omar wrote:

Hi.This is going to be my first comment on this forum.
    I am a tea addict,so i'll prefer tea on coffee.

• 61. At 10:33pm on 01 Feb 2012, jluisvet wrote:

i prefer white coffee rather than only coffee: I don´t like tea. In Spain I take three cups of coffee before start working. Do you wnat to take a cup with me ? Call me.

• 62. At 01:32am on 02 Feb 2012, Elis wrote:

I prefer coffee. I think the coffee smeels a wonderful smell and it is perfet for morning, afternoon and evening! I liked very much! I am coffee person! =)

• 63. At 09:30am on 02 Feb 2012, Tula wrote:

I living in Vietnam and every morning I drink a cup of coffee. It's quite great for my health. In my country, drink of coffee is a custom cultural. My father, my brother, my young brother always drink a coffee every morning during a long time ago. My father drink coffee more than 50 years, special my young brother drink coffee without sugar :)

• 64. At 09:38am on 02 Feb 2012, thphuong292 wrote:

I'm more of tea person because coffee contains caffeine and addictive that is not good for our health. So I prefer tea and using it as a substitute to keep me awake to get started in the morning or to do my late night study.

• 65. At 11:48am on 02 Feb 2012, nimcat wrote:

smell of coffee really wakes me up but the taste is horrible! As a middle Eastern I am much kin to tea specially with the taste of cardamom.

• 66. At 1:13pm on 02 Feb 2012, skyface wrote:

I think coffee is more important for me than a cup of tea. The reason just like every coffee person here, it make me awake from sleepy. A cup of good coffee at morning make the day goes better. And i also making coffee by myself, especially the filter coffee sometimes with milk is the best without sugar. However a cup of tea for me maybe just a normal beverage like soda. But do remember one thing is that do not drink black coffee before an empty stomach.

• 67. At 1:51pm on 02 Feb 2012, alex wrote:

I prefer tea because it's more healthy.When I start to drink coffee I become addicted..so I try not to drink it

• 68. At 1:57pm on 02 Feb 2012, kezia82 wrote:

I'm definitely a coffee person: I like its taste and adore its smell! Futhermore I do need a cup of it to wake up in the morning.

• 69. At 4:27pm on 02 Feb 2012, Emilia wrote:

I'm Italian and I'm fond of coffee, Italian espresso of course.
    I miss it a lot when I go abroad, because it is so difficult to find a place where can make it very well. So I always have with me a moka espresso because I feel at home. I lite tea too,expecially
    in the morning with some biscuits

• 70. At 6:03pm on 02 Feb 2012, Learner wrote:

It's hard to say which one is better. I prefer tea over coffee. Tea helps me to wake up in morning. it boosts me. I like drinking tea with milk. I drink cold coffee in summer season and hot coffee in winter season. I love design my coffee with choclate sauce. combination of choclate and coffee always pleased me.

• 71. At 7:42pm on 02 Feb 2012, moutaz wrote:

i prefer coffee especially Turkish coffee its smell make me wake up,
    when i lived in Jordan , every morning i have my coffee with some cigarets and listen to Fairuz's songs (Arabic singer from Lebanon).
    that what's the 70% of Jordanian gay's do in the morning.

• 72. At 10:22pm on 02 Feb 2012, myfranck wrote:

I like coffee, above all in the morning, during the breackfast and after the lunch. Usually I don't drink coffee in the afternoon or in the evening because I'm afraid not to sleep when I go to bed. I don't like tea. Sometime I like drinking herbal tea, when I want to warm up.

• 73. At 06:58am on 03 Feb 2012, chadurala wrote:

I believe drink coffee or tea not give us any extra energy or reduce our stress, it's just a habitual. but I'm sure winter season morning or evening drink a coffee or tea it's give us happiness because it's hot that's all.

• 74. At 08:32am on 03 Feb 2012, La_praline wrote:

I like either coffee, or tea. What I drink depends on the situation. e.g. I drink coffee with milk and sugar every morning b'coz I get up at 5 and need to wake up. But when we have guests at home or just in the evening our family like to drink tea together. I'm partial to a cup of green tea than to black.

• 75. At 10:15am on 03 Feb 2012, Nata_ly wrote:

in last few months i can not stop drink coffee- latte, if consider that i never drank it before so often like now ( 3 cups per day), it just gives me a good taste, not more and coffee replaced me a tea which drink only if i know that coffee is over.

• 76. At 11:25am on 03 Feb 2012, Amita Sengupta wrote:

I am a tea person, though I don't dislike coffee even. My favourite tea is Darjeeling tea, because I love the aroma and the taste ofcourse.It is a very energetic drink.It's said " Every time is tea time".For me tea is a must but I enjoy Cuppuccino coffee occasionally.

• 77. At 12:28pm on 03 Feb 2012, sayonara_ponytail wrote:

I prefer tea, because i don't really like sweet drinks such as coffee, and i don't like black coffee either, so the best way to keep me awake is tea~~~

• 78. At 1:03pm on 03 Feb 2012, gnli wrote:

i don't like coffee at all, because it makes me hard to get sleep in the evening, evenif drinking it in the morning. Tea is ok for me. But actually i prefer hot water without nothing~~~

• 79. At 2:32pm on 03 Feb 2012, fortufortu72 wrote:

I'm a coffe person. I need a strong italian coffe every day when I wake up, but in the afternoon I prefer to have a big cup of tea...I like tea with honey or lemon.
    I like drink coffe in the morning,alone ,when I have breakfast ,but I love drink tea to have break with my friends in the afternoon.

• 80. At 3:09pm on 03 Feb 2012, Saki wrote:

A warm cup of tea without milk and sugar, this always has been the best drink for me. A piece of sweet chocolate, ham & cheese sandwiches made of baguette, dried-fruit, and many other kinds of food would perfectly matches hot tea with nothing added.

Though on especially cold winter day, I sometimes prefer to add a little bit of milk to a warm cup of tea.

• 81. At 3:19pm on 03 Feb 2012, isa wrote:

Coffee is better than me because I need be awake at work,
    also its taste is nice for me although I usually add a lot of sugar on it.
    I like tea too but I only drink it when it's cold

• 82. At 10:35am on 04 Feb 2012, Mr Micmic wrote:

i almost like tea
    as it has less amount of caffeine than coffe
    sometimes i need coffe when i need to be more allert

• 83. At 2:28pm on 04 Feb 2012, 7amada wrote:

i prefer coffe than tea , i need a big cup of coffee to start up my day nothing else ,the adorable smell of coffee make me high and awaken me also i think it is more tastey but i can not obey myself in drinking coffee as overconsumption of coffee makes me insomnic and heart racing . sometimes i miss tea especially afternoon and after meals as a tradition in my country we called tea after meal like lock after closing door but only the red tea i like.but the green and english tea do not suite me.

• 84. At 3:45pm on 04 Feb 2012, HINAKO wrote:

I like tea because it smell like a kind of herb. I tend to image coffee as a drink for adults. For girls,its black color also made me apart from coffee.
    But I like sweets which taste coffee favor,so probably I may prefer it in the future morning.

• 85. At 5:11pm on 04 Feb 2012, moroccanman wrote:

I prefer coffee than tea because coffe wake me up in the morning. I don't main afternoon tea .I thing tea is most popular in the UK.liked or enjoyed be a lot of people.I love drink Morocco tea but you can find any in the Uk.I Usually drink lot on abroad.

• 86. At 7:05pm on 04 Feb 2012, SAMER1983 wrote:

hi
    exactly i do not know witch best tea or coffee
    i drank both of them but i thik the coffee is more harmful then tea , doctors have said three cops of tea can be drunk daily as maximum amount of coffee whereas you can drink tea as you like

• 87. At 7:11pm on 04 Feb 2012, SAMER1983 wrote:

• 88. At 10:00pm on 04 Feb 2012, Toby wrote:

I'd like tea than coffee. In summer I usually drink green tea, and in winter i usually drink red tea.

• 89. At 00:39am on 05 Feb 2012, trantantien wrote:

Both coffee and tea was planted on my hometown. So it is hard for me to choose coffee or tea. They are great for people. We are awake in the morning when we use one of them. In my opinion, I like tea than coffee.

• 90. At 10:52am on 05 Feb 2012, jihye wrote:

• 91. At 3:03pm on 05 Feb 2012, Ana Maria Martinez wrote:

I Think It is a question of customs for each country. I have grown up drinking coffe and Chocolate. I love them both mostly in the mornings, but I think during the day tea would be an excellent option to enjoy.

• 92. At 3:44pm on 05 Feb 2012, paolobobos wrote:

I prefer coffee (but only Italian coffee, the "espresso"). I like the flavor of coffee and the fact that in Italy we use to drink coffee after meal to stay together. Obviously, I like coffee also for caffeine, because I use drink it for study hard near the exam date. I like also tea, I use drink it when outside is cold and when I'm ill. Recently, I use to drink tea also with milk, consistently to British custom.

• 93. At 5:21pm on 05 Feb 2012, sarazona wrote:

I think that it is difficult to choose tea or coffee..For me it depends on the time: in the morning I absolutely need of coffee, but in the afternoon expecially when I am at home during the weekend , I love take a cup of tea with some buiscuits, with my friends.

• 94. At 1:02pm on 06 Feb 2012, Nortickeys wrote:

Actually, I don't like coffee, because it has a lot of caffeine and I can't sleep at night. And it's very bitter. I don't know why some people drink coffee everyday. Tea is the same.

• 95. At 2:37pm on 06 Feb 2012, Julian wrote:

I`m a coffee person. Coffee keeps me awake while working and studying. I don't think coffee is less healthy than tee. Maybe the sugar you add to the coffee isn't very healthy when you take to much. I think the effect of coffee is strong and brief whereas the effect of tee is slight and persistent. Usually I drink a lot of coffee. One in the morning before I go to work. At 10 a clock another one and at least one after lunch.
    There are also huge varieties in the quality of coffee. I prefer espresso made in an italian Espresso maker.

• 96. At 8:58pm on 06 Feb 2012, caduet wrote:

I'd like to coffee I'm Turks almost all turkish people they would like tea but l addict coffee especially caffee latte I can't stop everday I want to drink coffee.I love drink coffee

• 97. At 9:39pm on 06 Feb 2012, zuhogo wrote:

I' am a coffee person, however everybody prefer coffee than tea in Eastern Europe. We are not concerned with the high coffeine content at all. Moreover we like the really strong coffee the expresso. The long coffee is for the americans. Anyway it says that the coffee and tea are also healthy, if you don't drink too much coffee or tea. You have to find the golden mean, you know.

• 98. At 06:01am on 07 Feb 2012, Victor wrote:

I love both tea and coffee. Coffee makes me more powerful in a morning or in a long exhausting trip. Green tea warm me in home after a heavy frost outside. But it is better to do a sport more instead drinking coffee or tea, it gives energy without various side effects of coffee or tea.

• 99. At 08:13am on 07 Feb 2012, HJKIM wrote:

I like a coffee best. I usually drink coffee twice a day. I think the day I drank coffee is more energetic and it can help me concentrate on my job. For my health, I choose americano. It's better. I expected that Brits do prefer tea to coffee as the clip showed up.

• 100. At 08:17am on 07 Feb 2012, cao peng wrote:

Coffee is my first thing after getting up in the morning. I like the smell and it freshes me a lot and taking me to the way of working. But I only have one cup a day, the rest of are chinese tea.

• 101. At 08:28am on 07 Feb 2012, Marjorie wrote:

The first thing to do in the morning is to switch on the coffeemashine to prepare my first coffee. Then I make herbal tea. I drink both for breakfast and during the day I also drink both. I stop drinking coffee at 5 p.m., because otherwise i wouldn't sleep really well. Sommetimes in the early afternoon I have a espresso, which is giving me a special kick! I have my tea and my coffee without sugar, I think it is not unhealthy. For my tea I have a selfmade mixture of 7 diffrent herbs,and of course I hope to live 100 years! :-)

• 102. At 11:16am on 07 Feb 2012, monpoke wrote:

I like coffee more than tea. Coffee is cool.

• 103. At 12:10pm on 07 Feb 2012, narrosgirl wrote:

I use coffe to get started in the morning. I love its smell and its taste. But only in the early morning. If I drink more coffe, I keep awake at night. So if I need further caffeine, I use tea, but I don´t like it very much. I prefer to have a nap to be activ in the afternoon.

• 104. At 2:19pm on 07 Feb 2012, Jose Daniel Gamez Rodriguez wrote:

Hello

It a good question but I prefer drink cofee because is energetic for me specially in the mornig before to start the work. Rarely I drink green tea which was recomeded me for a Japanese friend who said it´s good for health: it fall high cholesterol, has many antioxidant, etc. I know people who drink a lot of green tea. I would like mocha, capuchin, dark coffe and milk wirh cookes. In my house is tradition drink coffe in the afeternoon.
    I remember some kind cherry tea in Vancouver BC it´s wonderful I enjoyed to drink it every afternoon before my class ummm so good. Now a days my Rosa has diferents tea: fruits´ tea, cinamond´ tea, flowers´ tea, they are delicius but i prefer coffe

• 105. At 3:00pm on 07 Feb 2012, tanya259 wrote:

Personnaly I like tea because I don`t want to be a coffee addict and I don`t like the taste of it, drinking tea is more healthy and the taste is not too bad with sugar

• 106. At 01:05am on 08 Feb 2012, giljeong wrote:

I have cups of coffee(3 Korean coffee sticks) daily in my office.First after breakfast 2 cups of coffee, a cup of coffee after lunch.

• 107. At 02:59am on 08 Feb 2012, myhienta wrote:

I like coffee more than tea because of its taste. Sometime, I also drink tea with eating sweet cake or candy... But, I think coffee brings more harm for heath than tea, if I drink so much coffee, I will headache

• 108. At 6:04pm on 08 Feb 2012, danielias85 wrote:

I'm a coffee person. I love everything about coffee. I love the smell and the taste of coffee. Moreover, keeps me awake for work.

• 109. At 09:36am on 09 Feb 2012, Habibi wrote:

I'm not a coffee-addicted person but mmm I love its smell nd its flavour in my mouth ,I take a coffee almost every morning at 9 oclock if I don't take it in the morning so what !I 'll enjoy it in the evening :p

• 110. At 10:07am on 09 Feb 2012, Ram Ramees wrote:

having a coffee is realy making me feel very enerjetic guy...

• 111. At 4:35pm on 09 Feb 2012, saraman wrote:

I wake up as a coffee person and go to slep as a tea person, I mean I have coffee for breakfast and tea in the evening. I like coffee with brown sugar and tea with honey.

• 112. At 8:20pm on 09 Feb 2012, Su wrote:

I love to have coffee early in the monning because a cup of coffee is nice blakefast for me. Very simple and tasty on way to work.. I drink tea as well especially after lunch becaus coffee is too havey to drink after that..

• 113. At 9:03pm on 09 Feb 2012, Pretty Annie wrote:

I love both!!! :D
    I drink coffee to get started in the morning, but at night I drink coffee to relax

• 114. At 12:01pm on 10 Feb 2012, svetlana wrote:

Definitely, coffee! I`m completely coffee person. I don`t like tea, because I dislike the flavor of some herbs, especially, those that have a strong aromatic one. Rather, I prefer the taste of coffee. I drink long, strong, black coffee without sugar or milk. I drink two or three cups of these coffee a day. I know it is too much, but I got used. Probably, I would stop drinking to much coffee if I had. In my family, the tea would be drunk, if you caught a cold or if you were ill. even then, I don`t drink it. Successfully, I avoid it.

• 115. At 12:55pm on 10 Feb 2012, svetlana wrote:

• 116. At 4:11pm on 10 Feb 2012, KIKICHENG wrote:

Well,for me,as a student,I guess I'm a coffee person cause i really need it to start a new day for my studies,its quite effective.But for a fine day which I don't need to worry about anything,of course,tea is much better cause i do enjoy drink it after a cup of a cup,that's great to just taste the taste of it..hmm so light it is!

• 117. At 5:09pm on 10 Feb 2012, love you 12 wrote:

I love both tea and coffee .I sometimes drink coffee in the morning I read a newspaper that said if you drink coffee in the morning ,you will have a effectively working day.but the disadvantage :it is not good for your heart so drink coffee .And about tea, after dinner I with my father drink tea and watch TV.

• 118. At 12:17pm on 11 Feb 2012, Lorenzo wrote:

It depends on the quantity if coffee is or isn't good for our health! By the way, we have also to consider the individual medical conditions... Generally I prefer coffee, but since it's very difficult to find a good coffee (also in Italy) sometimes I have a cup of tea! What about merging milk and tea?

• 119. At 4:03pm on 11 Feb 2012, Cherry Chan wrote:

Coffee is the best~ I often drink coffee everyday , but i feel addictive. i don't know how to say. Finally, Coffee is better than tea.

• 120. At 00:22am on 12 Feb 2012, addsmile wrote:

I like both tea and coffee. Coffee helps me be flert to work and a cup of coffee in the morning is enough. I drink tea because of its taste. At first, it seems rather aricd after that the sweet appears in my throat. It's really interesting.

• 121. At 01:03am on 12 Feb 2012, A_Aguiar wrote:

I and most of Brazilians prefer coffee, when we start working, to take coffee is something as take shower or brush teeth.

• 122. At 10:59am on 12 Feb 2012, Irina wrote:

I'm a tea person as much as a coffee person.Cant live without camomile tea, it really helps me to relax after a stressful day, and sure thing it's much more healthy than coffee.But,u know, who can resist a cup of vanila latte or caramel macchiato especially if Starbucks is just around the corner))

• 123. At 2:28pm on 12 Feb 2012, soehtut wrote:

in the morning coffee make me feel fresh and wake me up.

• 124. At 8:17pm on 12 Feb 2012, univers wrote:

Hello everybody!For me both of these drinks are important ,but I am more "tea person ".

• 125. At 9:57pm on 12 Feb 2012, Carioca wrote:

Coffee is the most traditional beverage in my country. The most people drink coffee all day long. It is not surprise because we are the largest producer of coffee there are hundreds of year

• 126. At 4:08pm on 13 Feb 2012, Kano wrote:

Well , i think the tea is healthier than the coffee . On the other hand , the coffee keeps you awake. I love the both !

• 127. At 5:43pm on 13 Feb 2012, Marc wrote:

My favorit of either drinks is a good cup of coffee. As a coffee person i used to drink 3-5 cups evers day. It really depends on the level of stress and the need of concentration in the office. Sometimes i think that i drink a lilttle to much coffee but a few days earlier i red an article of science about coffee and tea whichs content sumarizes arguments why coffee is more healthy than tea. This article makes me less worry about my coffee consumption.

• 128. At 5:44pm on 13 Feb 2012, Marc wrote:

My favorit of either drinks is a good cup of coffee. As a coffee person i used to drink 3-5 cups every day. It really depends on the level of stress and the need of concentration in the office. Sometimes i think that i drink a lilttle to much coffee but not long ago i red an article of science about coffee and tea whichs content sumarizes arguments why coffee is more healthy than tea. This article makes me less worry about my coffee consumption.

• 129. At 05:56am on 14 Feb 2012, sinyae wrote:

I like both of them. I usually have espresso
    I enjoy strong taste.
    Some people don't understand how could I drink it.
    but I feel sweet aftertaste
    Coffee is very useful method to wake up people
    but I only have it for taste

I thougt tea made me more comfortable
    but It needs more time to prepare
    So I love it but I can't often drink it

• 130. At 02:01am on 16 Feb 2012, Carolina wrote:

Well, I must say it's kind of strange my pleasure for tea since in Argentina it's not the most popular beverage to take either in the morning or afternoon. I would even say that coffee is more common here (not to mention mate).

Here now it is summer, and in spite of the boiling weather I can't help helping myself to a cup of tea while studying or enjoying some series on TV. I prefer to take it with three or sometimes even four spoonfuls of sugar.

I like all kinds of tea. My favourite is one which is imported from England, and it's the most delicious brand I've ever tried! I especially like to try different flavours, even though most of the times they're not made from the real fruit but artificially flavored.

And when it comes to coffee, I prefer it not to be that strong, although the smell is amazing!

• 131. At 06:46am on 16 Feb 2012, Reza wrote:

Personally, I prefer tea. But only black tea. I cannot bear milk in tea. In Iran people drink black tea with cube of solid Sugar (Ghand). However, drinking tea after meal has not been suggested. Because tea disrupts process of iron absorption in stomach. I also heard that tea is changing the color of teeth gradually. I believe Coffee and Tea cause addictions. I know a lot of people that if do not drink tea, they will get headache. So, drink both of them but with moderation.

• 132. At 4:12pm on 19 Feb 2012, AndreaSte wrote:

I simply love the taste of Coffee! I can't wake up without a good Cappuccino!!

• 133. At 10:29pm on 19 Feb 2012, PLENG62 wrote:

I prefer tea because coffee contains a very rich amount of caffein which keeps the carbohydrate in your blood that might cause you in a higher risk of diabetes. Although tea does have some certain amount of caffein in it, you won't addict to any tea drinks. I like tea, but I don't have to drink it every day. In addition, if you drink coffee every day, you won't be sensitive to it unless you consume more amount of caffein than before. Many people say that coffee doesn't wake them up, actually! It's nice to have a cup of coffee once in a while.

• 134. At 07:45am on 20 Feb 2012, Sofia wrote:

As for me, I love coffee. The smell of it makes me crazy! Unfortunately, coffee is very good for our BP, skin, teeth, so I don't drink coffee everyday. But at the weekends when I usually meet my friends at the cafe I always have a cup of coffee. Usually it's cuppucino or latte but I like espresso as well. I love tryin' new flavours such as strawberry or nuts) and really enjoy latte art - pictures baristas create on the top of it. There's nothing better than freshly-made coffee, cozy atmosphere of the cafe and a good chat. Maybe coffee is a kind of tasty reward for me after a hard busy week)))
    I've heard that black tea has as much coffeine as coffee, so I drink green tea. My favourite is with lotus and pineapple flavour.

• 135. At 1:38pm on 20 Feb 2012, leonglee wrote:

i love both!! I love drink tea all the time when i hang out with my friends~i'm really enjoy with this i also drink coffee at the midnight because it makes you awake~~What is more i really want to try coffee mix alcohol like whisky...someone said in the film when this two things mixed..it was amazing but i haven't try it before..haha

• 136. At 1:09pm on 21 Feb 2012, Muhammad wrote:

I love both. i don't have any choice between each other, I'm drinking both
    [Personal details removed by Moderator]

• 137. At 4:43pm on 21 Feb 2012, Alexandra wrote:

The tea is better than coffee is more healthy, especially, the green tea. I love the tea although i am the coffee earth, Colombia.

• 138. At 07:01am on 22 Feb 2012, seekutnica wrote:

In the morning I am a coffee person, but during the rest of the day I am a tea person. To wake up I drink a big cup of turkish coffee with milk. This is my ritual - drinking coffee and reading somethig at the beginning of the day. I celebrate that moment. Tea is something more ordinary for my.

• 139. At 3:17pm on 22 Feb 2012, cherry wrote:

It is true that coffee seems more additive than tea. And tea is much much more popular here in China. Chinese tea is good for health, and it is officially proven by some scientists. However, have you noticed that most of the good food tastes less favorable for our taste buds? Although coffee's increasingly popular these years among the young people, I wonder if we really like it for what it is, or just a symbolic behavior. This is because many think that...with a cup of coffee in your hand makes you look cool...more 'middle class'? No matter what, I guess--any food makes you feel happy is good food.

• 140. At 6:43pm on 22 Feb 2012, emily wrote:

I love both,but I prefer to take coffee in the morning,especially when I need to be awake during my first lesson at university! I love to take tea in the afternoon with my friends,eating biscuits!

• 141. At 07:35am on 24 Feb 2012, Nayoetseumynu wrote:

I like coffee and tea but both of them can't make me awake. I can get to sleep quickly after drinking coffee and tea. Something i even drink tea as substitute of water. However, most of time i will just drink tea at home. When i am dining outside coffee must be a better choice for me except in Chinese restaurant.

• 142. At 08:54am on 24 Feb 2012, harleen sethi wrote:

i prefer tea to coffee may be because of the taste and drinking tea relaxes me more it relieves me from headache..generally youngsters prefer coffee.But i am fond of tea.

• 143. At 6:40pm on 26 Feb 2012, Federica14 wrote:

I'm both a tea and a coffee person. I usually drink tea at breakfast because when I get up I'm often thirsty and tea is more thirst-quenching than coffee. However, I love coffee especially with milk and cappuccino. I don't drink it very often and it doesn't keep me awake: it has no effect on me at all.

• 144. At 9:48pm on 26 Feb 2012, walter semtpicowski wrote:

well, i am not sure about that but I think that coffee makes my heart beat faster and that´s not a very good sensation, that´s it!!! Walter from Brazil

• 145. At 10:24pm on 26 Feb 2012, Adilson Ricardo wrote:

I Love Both, but I considered that I'm a Coffer Person, only because I used to use coffer like my Study-tool. Sometimes, I used to Drink 3 or 4 coups of Coffe throug a night. xD

• 146. At 03:05am on 28 Feb 2012, Channing wrote:

As more and more people are enjoying coffee nowadays, tea, especially green tea, as an ancient kind of drink from eastern countries, is still a more healthy beverage than coffee and should be encouraged.

• 147. At 8:02pm on 28 Feb 2012, younes_2000 wrote:

I like tea more than coffee, people who drink coffee in my country is usually old men, recently I have started drinking it because I had known it has a lot benefits,

• 148. At 10:25pm on 28 Feb 2012, Machi Lawyer wrote:

• 149. At 10:29pm on 28 Feb 2012, Machi Lawyer wrote:

i am a addict coffe person. i work in a lawyer office, here in brazil, then each client i hearing, i drink a mug of coffe.

Downloads

Latest programmes

1. Home
  2. General & Business English
  3. Express English
  4. Express English: Coffee or tea?